3. Carnival Freedom
I'll preface this by saying that it had been almost 10 years since my last cruise, and at that time i was only a 18 year old teen who's sole ambition was to drink myself to death at the ports. So needless to say this one was like my first cruise all over again I went on the Carnival Freedom with a big group of about 20 people of different age groups. Everyone had a great time and was able to enjoy the variety of activities no matter the age. Also our Cruise Director Emma was one of the high points of the entire trip. Embarkation was fairly easy. We drove down the morning of, parked in a garage across the street, gave our luggage to the porters and waited in line. We didnt have any priority advantages or anything, so it was about 1pm when we actually stepped foot on the ship. The cabin was clean and the internal climate was controlled well, it never got too hot. My cabin was on the 7th floor, and I strategically picked that floor to avoid any extra noise from areas above or below with constant traffic (lido deck, havana bar, etc.) Didnt do that many activities, although we had friends that constantly were doing different activities and they said they loved each and every one. (especially the cake/chocolate party) The food was amazing as usual. The Mongolian Wok meals were delicious every single day. The same cooks were also the ones for the Omelette Station, which explains why both lines were extremely long on both sides. Still, it was worth the wait. Guys Burger is hearty and artery-clogging, just like it should be. The Blue Iguana burritos were good too, about the same as Chipotle or Freebirds. I really enjoyed the option of breakfast burritos in case you get tired of the continental breakfast. The dinner in the MDR is good like everyone says. Some entrees were hit and miss, but you could always find something that was appetizing. I really only have a few criticisms of the entire ship: 1. There were a limited number of daybeds, and only 1 hammock on the serenity deck, so if you wanted to use one you either had to get there ASAP, wait until one freed up and pounce on it, or just check randomly and hope for the best. 2. the elevators were always busy/full 90% of the time, so if you dont like stairs, be prepared to wait.....for a very.....long....time 3. The fitness area could use more machines. Too often the machine i wanted to use was already occupied.

Great Overall Experience

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by ceedoubleyou

I really only have a few criticisms of the entire ship:

ceedoubleyou’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Freedom price drops

Interior
Cabin 4F 7361
It was a standard interior room with 2 twin beds on opposite walls. It was very clean and the AC/heat was never an issue.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• City Tour
    Our tour was amazing. Our guide was able to fit our whole group of 20 in his bus. He had a lot of knowledge of the city and showed us great local spots for shopping, eating, and we got to visit the Bahamian Brewery, which they are very proud of. If you get the chance, try to go to the Banana Bay restaurant. Its 5 feet from the beach and the food is delicious. Just be prepared to see some wild dogs running around, but thankfully theyre friendly
    View All 42 City Tour Reviews
  • Key West
    Its Florida. We got off and shopped for a couple hours but didnt do anything special, because, its Florida.
    View All 1,797 Key West Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Key West Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    Our tour of the island was good, but not as great as Freeport was. The restaurant/beach that we went to had slow service and glass all along the beach. We were able to go to the John Watlings distillery, which made everything worth it. They have the smoothest rum you'll ever taste, and the tastings are cheap
    View All 303 Island Tour Reviews