3. Viking Sun
We chose this cruise to celebrate my husband's 80th birthday. We enjoyed it very much. We have taken many river and ocean cruises but not around the British Isles. The Viking Sun is a beautiful ship. The staircases are decorated with murals of the Bayeaux Tapestry. The place where high tea is served each afternoon looks like a forest. The Explorer's Lounge is a wonderful space for relaxing and watching the changing view. Our cabin was very comfortable and well designed right down to the wooden shoe horn/clothes brush. The staff is incredibly attentive. I was constantly being greeted with "Good Morning or Good Afternoon or Good Evening Madam." The waiter in The Restaurant not only pulled out my chair but unfolded my napkin and placed it in my lap. The food in all the dining venues was excellent. Viking advertises that each port has an included shore excursion. I found this to be somewhat misleading as the excursions that cost extra were, with a few exceptions, much better than the included ones, many of which consisted of sitting for hours on an uncomfortable bus. We have done several cruises on ships that had 2000, 3000 and 4000 passengers and much prefer the Viking Sun which has just 920.

British Isles Explorer

Viking Sun Cruise Review by The Constant Cruiser

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Europe
The Constant Cruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sun price drops

270 square feet. King bed. The cabin was beautiful and very comfortable. Everything was well designed.