This was our third Oceania cruise in 4 years. The first two (on Riviera and Serina) were great in terms of cuisine and service. This cruise on Marina was much less satisfactory. The cabin (PH1) was as expected - plenty of room, well serviced and well stocked. The cuisine and service were still good, but not at the same level as before. The food choices at both terrace buffet and the dining rooms were essentially the same as on our first cruise 4 years ago. This includes the specialty restaurants, where the menus looked virtually unchanged from 4 years ago. Quality was still good but, again, just seemed a little old and needs an updating. The staff service was fine -- no complaints. The overall service throughout the ship was also high quality. The one area that actually improved was the entertainment. Both the performers and the shows were much better than our first two cruises. I have no idea why, but well pleased. The most obvious failure was the wi-fi internet service was atrocious. Getting connected was a 50-50 proposition at best and once connected you'd be "kicked off" within 5-10 minutes. This was experienced by all passengers and for the entire 10 days, both at sea and in port. We were given the usual excuses of poor satellite, too far from shore, etc. It was not totally true. One crew member who I complained to "admitted" the equipment was inadequate for the size of the ship and number of guests and would be replaced/fixed at the next dry dock stop. While wi-fi is a small piece of the cruise, the terrible performance coupled with the questionable excuses leaves a very bad taste. After the cruise I complained to Oceania customer service. Their response was nothing but boilerplate. I felt like a number rather than a valued customer. Would I go again? Since they're 2 out of 3 overall, I would consider Oceania for future cruises. However, it is definitely no longer my "go to" cruise line as it was before this cruise.

Noticeable decline in overall experience

Marina Cruise Review by sefox24