3. Carnival Dream
Dream is a conquest class ship so it has the atrium elevators that hit most floors. It is really a shame they put this extra elevator bank in the Forward of the ship where the elevators are needed the least. They would be much more useful mid or aft, especially when they reserve elevators for luggage or repairs (elevators showing floor X). I would say the Dream is close to what I recall Magic being when we went 5 years ago. I prefer parts of the Dream over the Vista we went on a month before. My wife prefers the Vista. I didn't notice any issues with teenagers acting up on either ship like we have seen in the past. A lot has to do with the current passengers for your ship experience as I've noticed from reviews. Entertainment: Piano guy Mike was more friendlier on Dream than the guy on Vista. The 3 violin female group had MUCH better synergy on Dream than the group on Vista. The duo on Dream was better than the duo on Vista. The latin on Dream sounded awesome in the Song room! Not sure if they mixed it well, had a good sound guy, or just themselves had a good sound but they did sound great. Never did have much of a crowd for them though, probably because Song is kind of hidden away in the back of the ship. Dream had 2 comedians whereas the Vista had 2 and then switched for another 2 midway through the cruise, hence, had many, many more performances of comedy. The steel drum female on the Dream I didn't care for nearly as much as the steel drum guy on the Vista. Wish he had sold cds. Apparently Carnival does not rebroadcast the main events on the tv anymore like they use to for ice carving, marriage show, morning show, etc. So we went to see the ones we missed on the Vista but expected to see. The remote controls previous channel button never worked on either ship. Dream still has a lido deck cam whereas the Vista does not. Vista has more cams showing outside the boat. Food: Overall service in the dining rooms was lackluster. Reading other reviews, and previous trip on Vista, it seems this is currently a Carnival norm. I had to constantly ask for refills on tea and waitstaff was usually scarce in the dining rooms (even though there are 3 people assigned to your table). Food was average. I stayed Keto so I stuck to staples (chicken, fish, steak without gravy when it was 'allowed') as all desserts and gravies on Carnival are filled with sugar (even the soups!) and cornstartch thickeners. The dinner waiter said he asked chef about leaving gravy off a number of dishes I asked about and was told it had to be a 'special' request at the start of the cruise. One chicken item was "marinated 2 days" in orange sugar sweet stuff, forgot how it was said exactly. I seriously doubt they have room to marinate food that long unless that is simply how it is stored for the duration of the cruise. I ate breakfast in the dining room so I could ensure my eggs (sunny side up) were real and not from a starch powder or liquid carton like cruiselines use for scrambled/omelettes). Next time I'm definitely taking my own atkins bars to eat as desserts or snacks to make the week more bearable. I'm not going to lie, it was somewhat depressing not eating a lot of the food and getting tacos/burgers and not eating the shell/bun. I got some relief after returning home to see I stayed within a 5 pound range for the week, go me! Room 9302 just under lido deck of rooms was good, and got cold! We actually increased the temp some to get comfortable (and we normally prefer it cool as opposed to luke warm). As for Cozumel and Progresso, we just stayed in the tourist traps and then get back on the boat.

Good trip, fewer events than Vista has.

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by toober

Entertainment:

Food:

toober’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Interior
Cabin 4G 9302
Room 9302 just under lido deck of rooms was good, and got cold! We actually increased the temp some to get comfortable (and we normally prefer it cool as opposed to luke warm). My extension cord worked well from the single outlet on the desk (which is away from the beds) for out phone chargers. We would use this room again.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins