3. Carnival Dream
This ship was selected for us by the travel agent booking our cruise. We were assigned a cabin in the aft with a wraparound balcony. The cabin was small, no seating area. The balcony was very narrow and not very enticing to use. The day of our on-boarding everything went smooth. The elevator attendant complained about having to work the elevator for 3-hours without a break. He said, "I'd kill for a Coke." I just happened to have a mini-Coke in my carry on bag. I gave it to him. He was so happy to get it, he told me his name and said he worked in the casino and for me to look him up - he'd make sure I would win a game. (Hummm! sounds like a winner to me.) On our second day of Port of Call in Progreso, a Carnival employee came through the Lido Breakfast Buffet area with a big cart of bottled water in an over-the-shoulder carrier barking, "Last chance, last chance!" My husband inquired as to the price and the employee quoted $10.00. My husband gave him a $10.00 dollar bill and we got the water. WRONG! Our mistake - you never pay cash on board the ship; your room key is the vehicle for purchasing things. The charges are put on your cabin account number that's attached to the credit card you chose when making your reservations. Oh snap! The employee pocketed $10.00. On our last day at sea another ship's employee (casino auditor) stood beside us at the coffee cafe. We shared our stories and he was apologetic for the unacceptable shenanigans of the staff members. He indicated that there would be some staff meetings and training done to prevent any repeats. Then, he treated us to a cup of coffee. Our cabin was small and it only had (1) one electrical outlet for recharging our phones and plugging in my hair-curler. Our steward brought us a power chord mid-way through the trip. There wasn't a seating area inside the cabin; it was completely filled with bedding. The balcony had rough handrails and rust on the underneath side of the balcony area above us. Several days maintenance crew accessed our cabin to work on balcony refurbishing.

Ship review and shore excursions

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by SAW48

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

SAW48’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 9475
Large window next to the bed. Window in balcony door.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins