3. Norwegian Epic
Overview- We chose this cruise based solely on the itinerary, which was excellent! The cruise was good, but the itinerary was great. This is a great way to explore the Mediterranean. Dining- The buffet (Garden Cafe) was average. Breakfast had a wide variety of options, but was not the tastiest. If you have time, I suggest eating breakfast in the Taste dining room. Lunch was better tasting and offered pizza, burgers, hotdogs, pasta, salad, a deli, Indian food, Asian food, and ice cream, plus specialties and dessert that rotated daily. We chose not to eat in any of the specialty dining restaurants so each night we ate in either Taste or The Manhattan (the two main dining rooms on board). The Manhattan is supposed to be dressier than Taste, however we saw people wearing a range of athletic clothes to cocktail dresses in both. The food was very good, above average compared to other cruises I have been on. The selection was very wide and everything I had was tasty. Embarkation/Debarkation- very smooth proccess. We were on this ship in 10-15 minutes and off the ship in even less. We booked a Norwegian transfer to the airport so we were able to debark at 6:15 am and arrived at the airport by about 6:40 am. Entertainment- Burn the Floor an Priscilla Queen of the Desert were both very high quality shows. They were entertaining and fun to watch, but were odd choices for cruise ship entertainment. Aside from these shows, I felt like entertainment was lacking. There were a few other gameshows and magic shows to watch/participate in, but nothing too exciting. I felt myself getting bored at night. However, this itinerary is so packed that onboard entertainment was not all that important. Most of our time was spent in port so when we were on the ship we were fairly tired. Onboard experience- The ship did not feel overwhelmingly large. It was very easy to navigate. Once meeting people, it was very likely to run into them again, despite the 4000+ guests onboard. My only complaint is that there were not a lot of public places to sit and look out. Service- service was very good. One of my favorite parts about cruising is meeting the staff and getting to know them throughout the cruise. I was concerned going into this cruise that I would not be able to do that considering the size of the boat and the "Freestyle" setup. However, we met multiple staff who remembered us throughout the cruise, which was very nice. Most workers went out of their way to make us feel special. Barcelona- We flew into Barcelona a day early and did a free tour of the gothic city. It was very good. Nice introduction to Barcelona. We had dinner and stayed at SERHS del Port Hotel, which was very close to La Ramblas as well as the cruise port and well priced. They allowed us to check in early, spoke English well, and were very helpful. Breakfast is complimentary if you book through their website. Overall, Barcelona was our least favorite city on the trip. Naples- Here we used italytours.eu and did a tour of Pompeii, Sorrento, and The Amalfi Coast. First, we went to Pompeii, which is a MUST see. It was hands down one of the highlights of the trip. The tour was great and very educational. Then we had free time to eat lunch and wander in Sorrento. After this, we drove along the Amalfi Coast taking a few photo stops. Very beautiful. Rome- We used italytours.eu again and did the Best of Rome tour. It took us to The Colosseum(we purchased tickets ahead of time to go inside), The Pantheon, The Trevi Fountain, where we had free time for lunch, and then to The Vatican where we had a guided tour. This tour was amazing! Great way to see Rome in one day. Livorno- We used italytours.eu again to visit Pisa & Florence. We had a driver who dropped us off in each of these locations, and in Florence, we had a guide who met us for a tour then gave us free time for lunch. ***We loved italytours and would recommend looking into them if you are planning on cruising in Italy. Great, and much cheaper than going through the cruise line.*** Cannes- We took an NCL excursion here because it is a tender port. They take care of your tender for you. We did the Nice and Monaco tour, which gave us free time in both places. Nice was wonderful. It is along the coast and has a large market and several shops and restaurants. Monaco was pretty, but I would not consider it a must-see. Palma de Mallorca- In Palma we took the public bus to the city center. NCL offers the same exact transportation for 5x more. If you walk off the ship and down through the cruise terminal, here are signs pointing you to this bus. You can take line 1 to Place d'Espanya. Here we walked around and shopped and went to a café. Again, it was pretty, but I would not consider it a must-see. However, for 3 euros a piece round-trip, why not?

Good cruise, great itinerary

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Reaganj24

Reaganj24’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Inside
Cabin ID 10224
The room was fine. As mentioned in other reviews, the layout is a bit awkward. The shower and toilet are separate and these can be separated from the bedroom and sink by a curtain. When entering the room, you walk straight into this enclosed curtain area, where someone you are rooming with may be showering or changing. I was traveling with my mom, who woke up eariler than me, and it was impossible to sleep past when she woke up due to this. If you are sharing a room with someone who will be on a different schedule than you, this layout is not practical.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins