Coral Princess Cruise Review
1,031 Reviews

Completely exceeded my expectations in every venue

Coral Princess Cruise Review by MarMaz

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

My family and I wanted to experience Alaska and Vancouver. We did the 3 day land excursion and seven day cruise on the Coral Princess. Words cannot describe the overall amazing experience we had. It was surreal from the land, the ship, entertainment and dining perspective. The views Princess afforded us on land at each lodge and during transportation throughout Denali National Park was unsurpassed . We saw Caribou, otters, sealions, bald eagles and glorious whales. The landscape we viewed was majestic. The land and cruise staff was always pleasant and could not do enough to enrich our experience. My father caught a pink salmon on a Princess salmon fishing excursion. A chef on board in our dining room prepared my father’s catch perfectly just for us. The taste and presentation was amazing; a highlight of our trip. The entertainment was culturally diverse and enriched our experience on this cruise. If you have the chance to see Megan Brunning, the soprano on board, her voice is a gift to the world. My teens went to the “Beach House” teen club frequently and enjoyed the many activities planned. They even met some friends from all over the world who they still are in contact with. I could go on and on with moments that exceeded our expectations. Princess gave us wonderful memories to last a lifetime. The land/cruise experience through Princess was so highly organized and it’s attention to detail was beyond exceptional and comes with my highest recommendation. Embarking couldn’t have been more simple. We did the 3 day Denali National park through Princess and took the train with 180 degree views through the glass top train. While on the train to the port in Whittier, a Princess agent did all our checking in process so embarking was a matter of walking right on! Simplest I have ever experienced in a cruise. Our luggage was already in our cabin when we arrived. Disembarking was just as easy, we walked off with our luggage at 745a before anyone else and the taxis were right outside waiting to take us to our hotel in Vancouver. We explored Vancouver on our own over the next 2 days which I highly recommend. Doing it through Princess would probably been easier but the city was easy to navigate using public transportation. Uber does not exist there. Hop off and on again bus is super easy and convenient. My teens said this was their favorite trip and they have traveled extensively through the US and Europe. We would definitely return to Princess in Alaska.

MarMaz's Full Rating Summary

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD D521

Excellent views. Whether you are starboard or port side. The cruise captain made sure that every sight was viewable from our balcony. The beds were extremely comfortable. Our cabin was always clean and our steward was extremely pleasant, anticipating our needs even before we asked.

Jeep Tour

Amazing, exhilarating ride through the forest into river banks. Our guide Mike was super informative and made it fun.

View All 26 Jeep Tour Reviews
Motorcoach Tour

All our transportation staff was very friendly, very knowledgeable and always made the trip enjoyable

View All 5 Motorcoach Tour Reviews
Whale Watching

Incredible experience to see such majestic animals in this setting. The whales were respected and we saw many against such beautiful landscape.

View All 906 Whale Watching Reviews
Totem Bight State Park

Such a beautiful art and cultural experience. Great views from the park also

View All 114 Totem Bight State Park Reviews
Glacier Bay National Park

Viewed from our balcony with the park ranger navigating our experience on board via channel 36 in our stateroom

View All 20 Glacier Bay National Park Reviews