3. Coral Princess
We always wanted to try Princess...when friends asked us to join them on Princess we jumped at the chance. First the good: Itinerary was great...especially the Hubbard glacier and Glacier Bay Park. Really great close up views of glaciers with park rangers giving commentary. The bed was really comfortable. Unfortunately, those are the only good comments I have. Now the not so good: The food! The buffet food was the worst I have ever experienced on a cruise. Rice was crunchy, food was bland, limited selection. All 6 in our party felt this way. One dish was Italian bowtie pasta. It was nothing more than pasta with canned tomato sauce poured on it. The dining room food wad a bit better, but nothing spectacular. The service in the buffet and the dining rooms was pretty good. The service elsewhere on the ship was so-so....the crew seemed to be unhappy. Our cabin steward didn't learn our names like we've experienced on all previous cruises. The cruise director was irritating...at the conclusion of shows everyone would get up and start making their way out of the theater...then the cruise director would come out to make announcements. He'd tell everyone to sit down....so everyone had to turn around and go back to their seats...very irritating! How about making the announcements before the show? The bartenders didn't know how to make many of the drinks on the bar's specialty menu. They had to read the menu to make the drinks...really slow. We had problems with billing...I bought the premier drink package and was billed for drinks that should have been included. Guest services corrected the error. My wife purchased 3 spa treatments (to get a discounted package) and paid ahead of time. After each spa treatment our account was billed again. Not cool. I doubt we will ever sail Princess again....very expensive and terrible value. It amazes me when I read the positive reviews regarding food....maybe we just had bad luck? My wife and I (and the others in our party) were shocked at the poor food quality.

Itinerary was great! Food Terrible!

Coral Princess Cruise Review by dkb cruiser

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

First the good:

The bed was really comfortable.

Unfortunately, those are the only good comments I have.

Now the not so good:

dkb cruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Coral Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE B227
The cabin was old and dated but comfortable enough.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins