3. Viking Orion
We had always wanted to visit Alaska and when Viking announced in Dec of 2016 we booked. It was exciting counting down the days, all 888 of them. Viking and their staff were wonderful. Every one we came in contact greeted you warmly and were glad to be of service. The excursions department were able to accommodate our requests. The food was great, especially the Specialty restaurants. We ate at The World Cafe alot. The good was as good there as in The Restaurant. Viking really had the tenders organized. We never wanted more than 15 minutes to set to poer. This was one area we were really worried about; however, they had worked it out. We are booked on the Southern Crossing in March and before this cruise we were considering cancelling. After the experience on Viking Orion we are looking forward to the Viking Jupiter, our 3rd Viking ship. I cannot say enough good things about Viking and the overall wonderful experience aboard Viking Orion. I would highly recommend Viking and look forward to many trips with them. I would love to submit except all 1200 were deleted trying to photograph and eagle in flight on the last night. Will have to enjoy other's photos.

Amazing scenery and cruise experience!

Viking Orion Cruise Review by hersheyhughes

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Alaska

I would highly recommend Viking and look forward to many trips with them.

hersheyhughes’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Orion price drops

Excellent location on the ship. Our cabin stewards Katy and Harry were awesome. Bathrooms are huge and I love the vanity beside the balcony door so you can watch the scenery as you cruise.