Royal Princess Cruise Review

Royal Princess Cruise Review by rara3602

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

We chose the Northbound cruise from Whittier to Vancouver on the Royal Princess due to the two stops it makes for Glaciers. The two days in the bay just observing the amazing scenery was the highlight of the cruise. Park Rangers board the ship while in Glacier Bay and they communicate across the ship intercom! Definitely a cool experience!

The ports were generic, but we stepped outside the box and rented a car in Skagway so we could do the Klondike highway at our own pace. This was a nice long port day.

We did the touristy whale watching tour in Juneau, but saw just as much action out of the whales from our cruise ship so I can't recommend paying the price for the excursion!

The staff on the Royal Princess was over the top in the most excellent way! I have cruised 4 times, with 2 other carriers, and this would rank as the best of them all (and one was Disney!) We will cruise again in the future and Princess will be my first choice carrier!

The food was fabulous!!!!!!!!! From the buffet (of which I am not normally a fan), to the sit down dinners, to the pizza and hamburger kiosks! The food was excellent EVERY TIME we dined!

rara3602's Full Rating Summary

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MC M517

Deck 15, Marina: This cabin is directly under the Horizon's buffet, and the Ice Cream kiosk! Excellent location! Our bed was large and comfortable, the couch made for a great gathering area for our family members in other cabins to join us on the days we were in the bay watching glaciers from our balcony! Mini fridge was nice, two tvs, full bathtub, great water pressure in the shower! Beautiful room.

Glacier Bay

Amazing scenery no matter where you turn. This is why we took this cruise!

Rented 6 passenger van and drove the Klondike Highway! We were able to stop at any sights that piqued our interest, we explored at our own pace. We ate at Carcross and then made it to Emerald Lake before turning around! Highly recommend this!

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Whale Watching

Such a touristy thing to do. We saw the whales blow, and caught a glimpse of their tails. Basically what we had already caught sight of from our cruise ship! I would't recommend to any of my friends going in the future!

View All 906 Whale Watching Reviews
Lumberjack Show

The show was good for what it was. The lumberjacks were talented and funny, but if you've seen this type of show anywhere else you have seen this one. I would have preferred to explore the historical sights more. This was my mistake.

View All 333 Lumberjack Show Reviews