3. Norwegian Dawn
I usually start with the good on my reviews and I will again. The service on the Dawn was exemplary. Waiters (most of them, notably in the specialty restaurants), cabin steward, butler and concierge, even guest services exceeded expectations. The other good, food in the specialty restaurants. We had amazing meals in both La Cucina. That's about where the good stuff stops though. Going to stick with the food here a minute. MDR food was ok, but not amazing. Too much salt, not enough other flavor. But the buffet, horrendous. Seems to be a common complaint on here, and they're all right. I sampled a bunch of items, couldn't taste much of anything in any of them. Even dishes that looked like they should be flavorful tasted...brown. Thankfully we only ate there once for lunch. Entertainment was another big gripe. None of the big production shows even remotely interested us. The music in the bars was hit and miss. The guitarist was decent, the piano singer... lets not go there. Only act we liked was the duet group Azalea. A constant problem in the venues we were in was the volume level for the space. Gatsby's was too loud, the Atrium was too quiet. On the daytime activity side, I am usually a trivia guy, but I had a hard time having fun with it. Both trivia people were very low energy and the questions were hyper specific. For example, on my previous cruise, the general knowledge trivia winners usually had around 15/20 right, on Dawn, it was around 10. None of the other activities even got my attention as pretty much all of the rest were athletic in some form.

Good service, average everything else.

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Dagent145

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Family Suite

Dagent145’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Family Suite
Cabin SJ 12516
Great spot. Not much noise, close to the forward elevator. Plenty of space and very well laid out.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Island Tour
    "Charm and Beauty of Nassau" was a bit of a misnomer. There's not much of either. We saw all there was to see in Nassau, but we saw a lot more than that.
    View All 303 Island Tour Reviews