Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review
3,650 Reviews

Impressed but didn't wow me!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by djoyce

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

This was our second NCL cruise. Our first was on the Escape. Comparable experiences. The food at the Garden Cafe was mediocre. Long lines for omelettes, as usual. Soft serve ice cream was usually too soft. Salad selection never changed. We ate breakfast at Savour...much better ambiance and service!!! Great service! We ate mostly at the specialty dining restaurants. Ocean Blue was phenomenal! Le Bistro came in #2. The menu in The Manhattan Room and Taste were identical, at least on the nights were were eating there.

We had an aft cabin, port side...which was awesome. Quiet but close to Entourage (our 13 yr old lived there all week) and Spice H2O. It was a little noisy on Glow night but we were there partying, too! I would choose this section again.

Some disembarking was done in the aft section (not just mid-section)...which made port days easier. I found final day disembarking long (45min) but there was a delay getting clearance which backed everyone up. We took our own bags off the ship. Some complained of delays retrieving their baggage.

Ports...

Anthony's Caye in Roatan...the hubby will write a Trip Advisor complaint. It was our second time there. Great experience! Our daughter loved the dolphins which were in ocean water...not a chlorinated pool! However, they jerk d us around with our booking time which created a delay for our returning taxi! We hadn't left the pier and our cab driver was back to get us!

Harvest Caye...loved it but NCL should have had food and beverages for free, like NCLs sister island in Bahamas, I believe. Booze and food were not cheap. Also, it's hot as HELL there! We rented a sun shade for $40...worth every penny.

Costa Maya...we just toured the shopping area.

Cozumel...I got inked! I researched Tattoo parlours...did my homework. Contacted Sailor Ink and am very pleased with the art! Plus they speak perfect English.

Sea days were crowded onboard...no surprise! Wake up early to grab lounge chairs!

Entertainment was fabulous!!!

Burn The Floor, Rick of Ages, Howl at the Moon, the comedians...all top notch!

Our CD JC Sanchez.. the king Phillipino of the ship! He's blinged out in a glittery, sequin way.

Our captain was very nice. All the staff were friendly and accommodating.

djoyce's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BC 11304

Other than a one drawer in the sofa not opening...typical stateroom. Water temp was perfect in the shower. I struggled with cold/hot regulating in the sink. Not enough plugs!!! Wish we had brought an adapter to plug in more devices. 3 cell phones plus my e-cigs/battery charger. Only two plugs in the room.

Swimming with Dolphins

See above

View All 52 Swimming with Dolphins Reviews
Cozumel

Sailor Ink! Great artists and super clean shop! Find them beside to bar at Wet Wendy's!

djoyce