3. Norwegian Breakaway
We chose to cruise on the Breakaway since we’ve never been on it and have cruised her sister ship the Getaway 5 times. The ship is almost identical to the Getaway. We are platinum members and are very familiar with the latitudes program, freestyle dining, specialty restaurants, comedy club, shows, etc. The music on the ship was outstanding,especially the group of talented musicians in Guilty Pleasures in Syd Norman’s. Wow! Do they know how to rock! Wish the venue was bigger as they attracted a huge crowd and after not getting in the first time we tried, got there an hour early to enjoy their performance. As usual the food on the ship was delicious. However, we found some of the servers not to be as happy and competent as on other Norwegian ships. Michele Baland and Heath Harrison, the comedians on board were hysterical! What fun! The magician was very talented and taught us some magic. Mike from cruise next was very helpful and pleasant and so were the staff manning guest services. Unfortunately, we had quite a few disappointments on this ship. I’m happy it wasn’t my first cruise on the Norwegian line or it may have been my last. We booked our trip with Vacations to Go, whom we use frequently. Part of our package was paid gratuities. There was a problem with Norwegian not letting the ship know that so we were getting charged. Took a few days and some stress getting that fixed. We had a room steward that was on his first time out. The first night I asked him to please take out the extra bedding from the drawers under the sofa so we could store our clothes in them, asked for soap,ice and hangers. I gave him a tip because I felt I asked him for quite a few things. I didn’t know at that time he was new. We went to dinner and came back and never received any freestyle daily or our latitudes paper. We missed our chance to go on the ship tour because we didn’t sign up since we never got our info on time. Our steward surely didn’t know what was going on. We spoke to the 11 th floor supervisor, Richard who told us he was new and he would take care of it. Through the week everyday we were missing something. The card to change the time, a bathmat, would give us clean towels but leave the dirty ones on the floor, charge us for RedBull from the mini bar when we never even opened it nor have ever had a Red Bull. He told my husband that he was confused. We needed to go to guest services again to get that taken care of. We let things slide because he was new. The icing on the cake was the last day. We left the room to hear the Captain speak then lunch and came back to see our cabin wasn’t cleaned. It was after 3 so we knew it wouldn’t be done till the evening. We started packing up our suitcases then got ready to go to our dinner at Cagney’s then to hear a band in the atrium. At 10:45 we went upstairs to put our luggage out so we could come back down and listen to the band and dance. A nice way to end our cruise. That all came to a screeching halt wen we came back to our room to find no one had been in there. Dirty towels on the floor, no clean ones for our morning shower, dirty dishes from breakfast still on the counter, bed not made etc. I was very upset as now we can’t do what we wanted to do because we need to put out more fires! My husband walked around looking for our room steward. Nowhere to be found. He ended up getting two clean towels so we could shower. I tried calling housekeeping and the phone just rang and rang. The steward that my husband got the towels from called the 11th floor supervisor, Richard. All he said was that he was sorry! I told him that it was his fault since I spoke to him In the begining of the week about these problems and he should have been supervising him. Surely this young man wasn’t trained correctly. Since he was new and Richard was aware there were problems, he should have checked up on him. All he did was send wine and strawberries to our room. We don’t even drink. So we spent the next hour on line for guest services to complain and record our problem so that the people that sail after us can enjoy a stress free vacation. We traveled with friends who had a cabin two doors down. I don’t want to speak for them but they received wine and strawberries too!

Disappointing service

Dsunmountain’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 11184
The cabin was a little bigger than a regular balcony cabin. It was a mini suite. The biggest difference was that the bathroom was bigger and the shower had more jets.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins