Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by Kandeeaj16

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

This was my first time traveling on NCL, NOT my first time cruising though. I take at least one cruise a year. I was excited about trying NCL but was let down. I expected more from all the great reviews that raved about the fine dining-I did participate in the specialty dining program and went to almost all of the special dinning restaurants on board but didn’t feel that most were worth the extra money. I did like the steak house, but honestly the rest of the speciality dinning were unworthy( I don’t know about the Temperura restaurants though as we booked a few months before and couldn’t get in) Cruising used to be all inclusive and now cruise lines are nickel and dime us- I get it and don’t mind paying a little extra for better service, but I expect better service and food if I have to pay extra. Our cabin steward was not that helpful and I cannot help but think he was just trying to get out of work. (We are not customers who need a lot of attention just ice every so often - never asked for towels or sheet changing and we always cleaned up our own rooms) and always pre-pay our gratuity-maybe that is why he didn’t work hard....)that being said I did enjoy myself. I just wouldn’t go on another NCL cruise again- unless you book early- you cannot get into shows, or some restaurants. I guess if you are able to pay the extra fee for Heaven (or book early enough to get a room there) then maybe you can bypass the bad cabin stewards and get to eat on the Heaven restaurants instead- but seriously if you are gonna pay that much extra money- go on a different cruise line. And BTW the cabins are so much smaller than all of the other cruise lines I have been on- and we always book balcony or better.

Kandeeaj16's Full Rating Summary

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA 14816

Smallest I have ever been in with very uncomfortable couch and bed!!!

So much fun!!! We usually take the ATV tours but this was better because it had a cover and kept us out of the sun! Our tour guides were great too!

View All undefined undefined Reviews