Carnival Splendor Cruise Review
1,446 Reviews

Ship was "blah," restaurant staff were very good

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by 19Jay54

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera

My wife and I went on this cruise because my brother and his wife were taking this particular cruise. We wouldn't have chosen this one however, we went into it looking forward to a good cruise and good time.

Immediately upon entering our cabin we were disappointed. The entire cabin had ONE single power outlet (including the restroom) and while we've cruised before and knew plugs were limited, ONE was a bit surprising. Otherwise the cabin was average with the exception of the balcony.

The balcony was very disappointing. We paid for a larger balcony and it was larger than standard however, it was filthy. EVERY piece of outdoor furniture was soiled, stained and just nasty. We could not sit on any of it without first covering it with a towel. I'll add photos. The glass on the outer railing was stained dramatically, the wooden railing was peeling, and there was rust on multiple areas of the balcony and outside the balcony. It also took us two phone calls and a discussion with the steward to get the room cleaning arranged.

The food was hit and miss, some pretty tasty, some really poor. The only exceptional meal we enjoyed was at the Steak House which of course cost additional funds.

I have to say that while the cruise wasn't terrible it certainly isn't one we would ever do again. There are options out there that we would enjoy more than this one.

19Jay54's Full Rating Summary