3. Pride of America
The destinations we visited was AMAZING! To be able to spend 1-2 days on 4 of the Hawaiian Islands was perfect! I really enjoyed the layout and the activities on the ship. The entertainment was GREAT! However, most of the "customer service" we received was substandard compared to other ships. The quality of food and service in the formal dining room was also lacking. All of the cruises I have been on in my life have always been staffed nearly 100% by International Employees. The Pride of America is an exception. Apparently they must staff 75% with Americans. As an American myself, it embarrasses me to say that I believe this is what was lacking on this ship. The level of service received in all of the Bars dining room and buffet staff was sub-standard compared to other ships. Also the food offered in the dining room was disappointing. We could have spent a lot more in these areas, if someone would have actually "served us." In past years I have heard really good things about Norwegian Cruise Lines, so I am believing that this particular ship is an exception......based on the employment percentage of Americans.

First Norwegian Cruise a Disappointment

SparkyLAFS’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE 8658
Our Cabin was clean and comfortable. It was much smaller than a balcony cabin on other ships. The bed was very comfy and the service provided by our stateroom attendant was excellent.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins