3. Carnival Sunshine
We stayed at the Quality Inn in Cocoa Beach(??). The price included our room, transportation from the Orlando Airport to the hotel, shuttle to the ship, and transportation from the ship back to the airport. A real bargain. We chose this cruise because of the itinerary; islands that we had never visited before. Embarkation went very smoothly; disembarkation.....not so much. We have been on numerous Carnival ships, some larger, some smaller. But, for some reason, this is the first time I have ever felt that the ship was crowded. I feel as though when Carnival refurbished the ship, they tried to cram too many things into the space. Some areas seemed underutilized; others, such as the Comedy Club were packed with standing room only, and some people not able to get in at all. Too have to stand in line for 45 minutes or more, just to get into the Comedy Club (and not sure you will get a seat) seems a little ridiculous. Our cabin was great (we were offered an upgrade and took it); the staff was overworked, but kept our cabin clean. Dining - we only went to the main dining room once (it takes too long to get through a meal) That dinner was good. There was plenty of food at the Lido buffet, and at all of the other food areas around the ship. The Deli always had a line waiting for food and sometimes had only 1 person to wait on everyone. Guy's Burgers always had a long line that often blocked people trying to get from one area of the Lido deck to the other. I miss the old style of desserts at the Lido Buffet. I used to like to take a couple of the small desserts that they used to have, to sample. On the Sunshine, they had whole cakes, and a few pies, that they cut to serve you. They were all very delicious, but one slice of one kind of cake was enough. Mikey, the Entertainment Director, knows how to pull the people into the activities. He always had the crowd up and into the spirit! There were other activities going on throughout each day, although on one of the first sea days, the activities were very dull and then we had a port day and there were lots of interesting sounding things going on back on the ship! I managed to see two of the comedians; Diane Ford was great, both at the PG show and later at the 18+ show. The male comedian wasn't even good; I had heard some of his jokes before and the ones I hadn't heard before weren't that funny. Then I caught a cold and didn't feel like going to see the comedians that came later in the week. Service was always good with many of the crew members going around with a smile on their faces. Alexis, from the Red Frog Pub, was absolutely my favorite! The ports were all beautiful. We took excursions in Aruba and Curacao with guides who taught us a great deal about their islands and took us through many areas, both ending at beautiful beaches. In Amber Cove, we did our own thing and enjoyed wandering around the town. Would I go again? Yes, to the islands, but not on the Sunshine if I can help it.

Not my favorite

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by JustMom

JustMom’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Our cabin was GREAT! Twin beds, a sofa that made out into a double bed, with an extension, so that you still had room for a couple of people to sit, plus two arm chairs and a small table. TONS of counter tops and drawers. A Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. A dressing room. Several closets. A long balcony which held a lounger, two chairs and a table in the Serenity deck style. AND...multiple outlets in various places in the cabin.
  Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans