• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Zubsin
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2010
Cabin: Aft-Facing Balcony

Our second NCL cruise 6th cruise total. I want to write this from the perspective of what I want to learn when I read these reviews so here goes. My husband and I surprised two friends with this cruise, their first.

Cabins: We were in Aft cabin 10668. Nice larger balcony and half covered. Good: it was larger then normal balconies Bad: food ended up on on balcony since the outdoor dining area was 2 decks up...kid food mostly...rice krispies and fruit loops. Our cabin steward said it was not usually to have broken glass to clean up. SO I recommend Deck 9 for the larger balcony and almost fully covered so no one can look down at you and no food ends up on the balcony.

Food: We are foodies so that we liked the food says something. The two MDR's were good, Teppanyaki was the best, I liked Cagneys but my traveling companions were less impressed but I would say it had to do with the cuts of beef they ordered. The service was great..we brought wine down earlier to be decanted and it was done. Le Bistro...snobby waiter who BTW did not decant our wine earlier even though we brought it a couple hours early. Ok food. Mama's italian is NOT worth the cover, Tango's was however. Breakfast buffet was a madhouse but it was expected.

Aft-Facing Balcony