• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

macmikey
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2010
Cabin: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

It's been awhile since I blogged, so I thought this trip we just finished might be a good place to start back up again.

Cruise. Yep, I went on a cruise. Those who know me may be thinking 'what? He went on a cruise? Old folks, dress codes, assigned seating?? He's senile'.

Well, partly right, crazy, not stupid. My girlfriend wanted to do something different for her daughter's school spring break. We decided on a Norwegian Cruise Line trip to the Western Caribbean and see if we liked it. Heh... WE DID NOT WANT TO GET OFF THE SHIP!!!!

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

Cabin MA

11580 was a very nice room. Clean, well kept and stocked. Bathroom was nice as it had a tub and an enclosed toilet area. Water flowed well and was hot all the time when needed. Balcony could have used a table and 2 loungers, but one was sufficient. The bed was comfortable, but the fold out bed our girl slept on was very hard and she said it was uncomfortable. Good storage, we actually had an entire closet near the balcony that we never used.

However... It is right below the kids area on deck 12. We heard them pounding away up there and running in the hallway in that area, so be warned, there is thumping most of the day while they play. We were not in the room enough for it to bother us, but others may think it was too much. Nights were very quiet though.

Find a Norwegian Jewel Cruise from $468