3. Carnival Legend
I think that your option of a cruise has a lot to do with YOUR attitude. We went along to have fun and we did. Apart from not having coffee and alcohol packages I didn’t find this cruise line any more penny pinching than any other cruise line that I have travelled on. I actually appreciated that they didn’t have an alcohol package as having to pay for each drink meant that there were less people drunk on this cruise.Decoration on the Legend was a bit quirky, but I loved it. Ship was well maintained and everything worked like clockwork, activities ran to time. We had an extended balcony cabin on deck 7 and just loved it. Cabin was well serviced by Tricia and her team, and I loved the towel animals that they made every day. Lido deck had great options and food was always palatable. MDR was excellent, the food was scrumptious and well prepared, although at times the size of the offering was small (think wedding). That was ok, we just ordered 2 when we wanted to..I loved that the entertainment and activities catered for all age levels. Slice by both cabin staff and the wait staff in the MDR was excellent. Shore tours from the ship were highly overpriced (usual for any cruise line), but we organised tours online that were half price of the ship offerings or less. People would be aware that there are cheaper alternatives in Noumea at the shuttle bus drop off point and a great market on the first floor of that building. It was our first cruise with Carnival (usually have gone Princess) but it won’t be our last. I’ve already booked a Carnival Cruise next year.

Had a great time

Lynollie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Legend price drops

Extended Balcony
Cabin 8K 7166
A compact cabin, with a great extended balcony. Everything that you needed was there and there was plenty of storage (cases under the beds). I liked the layout of the bathroom better on this ship than on previous Princess cruises. Although it probably took up similar space it was better laid out and felt more spacious. Balcony was a great place to relax, read, work etc to the beautiful and relaxing sound of the water.

Would definitely book this cabin class again
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Isle of Pines (New Caledonia)
    Isle of Pines has become my new favourite place to visit in New Caledonia.JUST BEAUTIFUL! No need to purchase a shore tour as there were 2 very beautiful swimming spots within easy walking distance and of where the tenders drop you off. We were given the advice from another cruiser to head for the rock, right when the road forked if we wanted great snorkeling and boy were they right. Best free snorkeling ever. We stayed out there for over 2 hours and th varieties and colours of the fish were amazing. Can’t wait to return.
    View All 235 Isle of Pines (New Caledonia) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Isle of Pines (New Caledonia) Cruise Port Review
  • Mare
    Was very disappointed that the bus fare to access is the beauful beach on this Island had increased by 66% in just 2 years from $15 to $25. There isn’t much see on Mare if you don’t go to the beach and bus trips can only be booked through the boat. We chose not to get off the boat at this location due to the cost, even though the Bach is very beautiful (I had been here before.
    View All 87 Mare Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Mare Cruise Port Review
  • Noumea
    We only paid $68 for this tour booked through Viator/Trip Advisor. Great3 hr tour with no lunch provided. Closest ship tour what we did was $190 per person, including lunch. 3x 9 people travelled out to Island on local water taxi, and company had a "spotter" employed to direct you to where you could find thee tropical fish and turtles. Mildly bumpy on the way out, very bumpy.on the return trip. Suitable for all ages as long as you can get in and out the boat with no assistance.
    View All 12,040 Noumea Cruise Port Reviews