3. Carnival Horizon
I chose this cruise because I like the new larger ships. It was also easier for my bother to fly into the area from Sweden. We traveled with 5 sibs and spouses, also my sisters oldest son and 3 of his kids. Loved the ship, but missed the awesome spa we are used to from the Breeze and Dream. They did away with that great thalasso pool! I sure did miss that! Another disappointment was the new lounge. They changes from those old school large seating areas with tables to basically folding chairs on the ground level, other seats were very hard to see anything. The dinning seamed to be better then past Carnival cruises, including the main dining room. We stayed in a spa balcony cabin, nothing changed here, still a nice room, but seams like they could work on giving the cabins a fresher look. Our steward was fine, not much interaction like on other ships. Did a great large group excursion in Cozumel, Private Oasis At Passion Island! It was $739 for up to 12 people. They treated us like Platinum VIP guests, food, drink and our own private area of beach away from others on the island. Check it out, it must be catching on, because the price just went up to $799. Para sailed in Grand Cayman, also fun, we always book with the Carnival website. Both embarkation and disembarkation went very smooth, We are Platinum sailors, but the others in our group were not, and we all managed to get on ship the same time.

What happened to the great spa I got from the Breeze and Dream?

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by tom3562