3. Anthem of the Seas
My DW and I cruise out of Cape Liberty because of its convenience. We take Yankee Trails bus lines from Catskill, NY and you are at the pier in less than two and a half hours. We got into some Bayonne Friday traffic and the ride was a little longer than usual, but that happens We were traveling with three of my adult children, their spouses and three grandkids. My son in law was involved in a car accident in October so he was in a wheelchair at times. Let me tell you Royal Caribbean met us and took over getting him on the ship. Start to finish, we were on in 15 minutes. My DW and I were in a Junior Suite on deck 13(642), one daughter and family were in a Family Junior Suite on deck 9, and the other daughter didn’t have her kids and she and her husband were on 9 right next door. My son and his wife were on deck 7, in an virtual inside cabin. Our Cabin attendant was outstanding. No stone left unturned. We are pretty simple cruisers and don’t ask for much, but he was always thinking. The cabin was immaculate! A great big THANK YOU! Dining. In the main dining room we were seated at table 307, way in the back of The Grande,and it was great. A table for twelve (for our 11 member family) and the service couldn’t have been better. My three year old granddaughter hugged both headwaiter and assistant waiter, and thanked them for everything. I asked for savory bites (some of you know what they are) on the first night and we had them every time we were in the m d r. Day three we all ate at Jamie’s Italian and the staff in the restaurant made us all feel like family and we had an outstanding meal. Day five we all ate at Chops, they gave my family the room in the back reserved for select dining, and the meal was exquisite! All my kids did different things at the ports and went their own way, so I don’t have a lot to say on the ports. We have done those so many times. We stayed with the three year old on board and took her swimming (oh to love that inside pool), and found plenty to do on board with grandma and grandpa. We did go to the Kennedy Space Center while in Port Canaveral and took the guided tour and never saw the grandkids take more pictures. They loved it. Disembarkation was simple. Our bus was due around 10:15 am so we went to 270, had breakfast and waited until pretty close to last call (it was cold outside for the kids) and got through Customs rather quickly. I do love the facial recognition scanner Customs uses. So, to sum it all up, we had a fantastic cruise. The staff was outstanding, the food was delicious and the ship was...well, shipshape! We have been on Anthem three times. Upon disembarkation, we are Diamond! I wouldn’t hesitate to book Anthem, or any other Royal Caribbean ship (I do have a cruise booked on Celebrity Equinox in November), but we will be given Elite status across the board. Happy sailing!

Fantastic Family Cruise

Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite with Large Balcony
Cabin J1 13642
Great cabin on the “hump”. Right near the elevators. We did get some noise on the final morning from above while the crew was moving chairs around. We were up, no problem.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins