3. Pride of America
Don't bother going on this cruise liner...…...staff were very good on the whole but nothing else was!!!!! FOOD - no diabetic or low calorie choices, even the packet breakfast cereal was high sugar. Bread was stale, fruit and vegetables not ripe. We arrived at 6pm for dinner and they had just opened the casual dining café....the food was cold!!!! even the French fries were cold?????!!! PAID FOR DRINKS PACKAGE - but each drink was taxed so even if you chose a drink below the stated $15.00 limit once they added tax and service charges you ended up with a charge on your account. SMOKING AREA- only one for the whole ship....and it is a big ship! The area allocated was small, hard to get to for older passengers or those with disabilities or those not good climbing two lots of stairs with buffeting winds as it was aft and on deck 13, totally unprotected from the elements!!! CABIN- LAYOUT & SIZE OK. Rooms were not ready till approx 4.30pm. Our balcony door could not be locked and on one night because of rough seas I had to get up 6 times/ grab the curtain pull it back inside the cabin and shut the door. I was travelling with my elderly mother who attempted to do this when it first happened and she fell and could have SUSTAINED A SERIOUS INJURY AT 87 YEARS OF AGE! When I rang guest services there was no answer although I tried several times to report the faulty door. The next morning I went to guest services and complained....late that afternoon a workman came to replace the locks and stated he had been VERY BUSY AS MANY DOORS HAD TO BE FIXED!!! Towels and sheets were not changed throughout the 7 days. Toilet broke down on the second day and was not fixed till late that afternoon approx 4pm so had to access the public toilets all day!!!! Hand basin plug not functioning and could not drain the water out of handbasin. Again was not fixed till late that afternoon. LIBRARY - unable to get library books out on weekends and only after 5pm weekdays....what? most people want to sit on deck , relax, lap up what little sunshine we got and read a book IN THE DAY TIME??????? And as we were stuck at sea it would have been nice to get a book and read for the day as there was nothing else to do!!! ENTERTAINMENT - very poor, stuck at sea for two full days, unable to dock anywhere and no extra entertainment organised to help pass the time. The shows we did see were amaturish and short (one only just over half an hour). No movie theater or big screen. PORT & SHORE EXCURSIONS - We were suppose to dock in six ports and got to call into two apart from Honalulu were we joined the cruise........

Stuck at sea

Pride of America Cruise Review by LKThompson

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii

Towels and sheets were not changed throughout the 7 days.

LKThompson’s Full Rating Summary