Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review
3,695 Reviews

Another excellent cruise on the Oasis

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Prettyprincess25

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

We enjoyed another excellent cruise aboard the Oasis.

Embarkation was relatively quick and painless, save for a slight delay in boarding due to the previous cruise’s late arrival. No biggie.

If you cruise on this ship with the aim of looking for things to complain about, you will find them. She is tired and needs a refurb. However, it takes more than a scuffed chair or stained carpet to bother me when the fundamentals are spot on, which they are on this ship. She was a pleasure to sail aboard.

My cabin was clean, quiet and comfortable. The food, whether in the MDR, Windjammer, Park Cafe or Solarium Bistro was excellent. We especially enjoyed the “taste of the Mediterranean” dinners in the Solarium Bistro - free of charge (you just need to make a reservation) with beautiful fish and meat cooked to order, piping hot and in a relaxing atmosphere. The food in the MDR was great, there were just some evenings when there was nothing that jumped out at me but I made do and the food I did order was good. The service throughout the ship was excellent.

The aqua show was fabulous, as was the Move It parade on the final day. I skipped on Cats (not my thing) and didn’t bother with other shows I have seen before (but very much enjoyed previously).

The rising tide bar, or uppy downy bar as we call it, was entertaining. The Diamond lounge was a joy, as usual. The pools were sometimes crowded on sea days but that’s what you get when you’re not aboard a private yacht.

We didn’t go to speciality restaurants as I don’t see the need to pay extra when the food and service in the MDR is top notch. Same goes for room service - there are so many places to get food on this ship and so easily, there is no need.

We had a wonderful time. The ship is not brand new and is showing her age but this didn’t affect our enjoyment of the cruise at all.

Prettyprincess25's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 3V 12549

Inside - perfectly adequate for me, given the little time I spent in it.

Tubing

We really enjoyed this excursion but were very lucky to get on it, as the meeting time printed on our tickets was wrong...

Cozumel

We went to Chankanaab independently, as we always do, and had a great time.

Prettyprincess25