Viking Kadlin Cruise Review

Viking Kadlin Cruise Review by Will Work to Travel

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

My husband and I had enjoyed one previous Viking river cruise (Danube Waltz), and we planned and booked this trip nearly 21 months in advance. I have a particular interest in World War II history and have visited Pearl Harbor several times, so I was very much looking forward to spending time at the Normandy D-Day invasion sites and the American cemetery at Colleville-sur-mer. Our good friends and travel companions, of whom he is a retired U.S. Army brigadier general, had not traveled on Viking before this trip. We were proud to share with them all of the exceptional aspects of quality and attention to detail for which Viking is famous. Our cabin was perfect and always spotless. All of our meals were absolutely delicious, and we appreciated the variety available at each meal. "Blondie," the amazing gentleman who entertained us at the piano, was, by himself, worth going on the cruise. His talent and lovely personality enhanced every evening in the lounge. Nearly every crew member was pleasant and welcoming, and acted as though taking care of the passengers' needs was enjoyable and fulfilling for them personally. I know they all work hard and we tried to be very generous with them at the end of the cruise. Our shore excursions were delightful as well as informative; we particularly enjoyed Montmartre and Lyon. The highlight, of course, was the full day at the D-Day invasion sites. The sites, the commentary from our guide, and my feelings of deep gratitude mixed with sadness, will stay with me forever.

Will Work to Travel's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom

We had a balcony verdanda, and I enjoyed sitting out with coffee or a glass of wine even in chilly weather. Katja (sp?) kept the cabin fresh and clean every day and I enjoyed seeing her smiling face each morning.

Will Work to Travel