3. Carnival Sunshine
We sailed on the Sunshine in June 2018 and we enjoyed the ship so much, that when we returned home we booked a New Year's Eve cruise on her. Even chose the same cabin. I don't want to be redundant, so I won't repeat everything from my review of our June cruise, but I do want to let everyone who hasn't sailed on the Sunshine know that the negative reviews I have read are way off the mark. The ship is clean and the crew is wonderful. Always cheerful and helpful. This cruise was just my wife and me, no kids, and we had an absolute blast. We have our own way of cruising, so maybe our opinion doesn't apply to everyone. First, we rarely visit the main dining room...ever. It just takes too long for us, no matter the food or service. We did enjoy the steak house very much. We went on the first night for the free bottle of wine. We highly recommend JiJi's Asian Kitchen. Outstanding food. Also Bonsai Sushi. Guy's burgers of course, and the pizza was great. The lines moved along, no long wait. Buffet was very good when we tried it. Not everything is perfect, never is, but when I read reviews that say "it's always cold" or "it's inedible" I just have to laugh. Simply isn't true. The Alchemy bar is our favorite bar, great bartenders. The Havana Bar too. Helpful hint: You can order great coffee drinks here and avoid the lines at Java Blue. New Year's Eve at sea was so cool, definite bucket list. Kissing my baby at midnight while the ship blows its horn was unforgetable. Then dancing on the Lido deck with 3000 of my best friends. Awesome experience! Missing Amber Cove on January 1st due to high winds was a bit of a let down, but I never heard anyone complain, or saw any fighting over deck chairs (we were poolside when the announcement was made about Amber Cove). It is what it is, don't let it ruin your day. We decided to take a nap (a little hungover). We didn't go on this cruise for the ports anyway. Grand Turk is always fun. Walked the beach to Jack's Shack for a few drinks and a swim. Then back up to the Whales Tale for one more cocktail. (maybe two) Finally, a shout out to Mikey, one of the best CDs on any ship, anywhere. Always a pleasure. Also to Agus, our room steward, and Parviz at the Alchemy Bar. Thanks guys, you all helped make our vacation fun and relaxing. And to all the nitpicky, negative Nells out there....um, never mind, why bother.

New Year's Eve on the Sunshine

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by nowwerecruisers

nowwerecruisers’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Interior
Cabin 4B 8293
Perfect for our needs. Inside and quiet. Same cabin we had in June 2018 cruise (on purpose).
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins