3. Majestic Princess
I chose Majestic because being a new ship I wanted to know what it was like. I’d read a lot of negative reviews that there wasn’t a promenade deck, that there weren’t enough bars and that it was for the Asian market. I went into the cruise with an open mind though. The Sailaway Party was great but because most cabins have balconies there never many people on the decks so it felt a little bit empty and there wasn’t really a party vibe going on. That might have been the cruise’s demographic though. I went to a couple of activities on the second day and they were fun, the staff had a lot of enthusiasm for what they were doing and were always friendly. The trivia and karaoke nights were also a lot of fun, with myself and a few others as regulars. The staff always made us feel very welcome. Towards the end of the cruise I made friends with a few other people in my age group - 25-35 and it would’ve been nice if there had been activities for this age group like there was for the 18-20 year olds. It sort of felt like this age group was ignored in meet and greet activities and excluded from some of the trivia with the questions targeted at either older people or really young people. I missed having a proper promenade deck. I don’t get why a ship would be built without this. The facilities were fantastic. I loved the piazza and the on board gym which is the best I’ve seen on a ship. Crooners Bar was also good and there were so many places you could either have a quiet drink or party. The cruise entertainment staff - the assistant cruise directors were brilliant and very organised. It was always heaps of fun and they always joked around and were good humoured. If you like trivia, music, karaoke, live music in the bars and lounges then you’ll love Princess Cruises. Despite Majestic receiving negative reviews it’s a fantastic ship and there is something for everyone.

Some of the best entertainment staff around

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by LizSydney

LizSydney’s Full Rating Summary
Get Majestic Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IB C335
The cabin was a decent size and it was regularly cleaned. The flat screen TV was nice and the water was constantly refilled. I had everything I needed. I really only slept in the cabin.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins