1. Home
  2. Cruise Reviews
  3. Crown Princess
Our 5th cruise on Princess, thru the Southern Caribbean stops this time. As usual, the boarding went quickly and smoothly. All of the ship's staff and were always friendly and professional, each and every day. So why only 3 stars? As noted on several other reviews..... the ship was UNDERSTAFFED. It should not take 20 minutes to have a waiter come and take your order in a "five star" restaurant. I don't blame the wait staff -- they were working their butts off, and trying their best! But there were not enough help! Same with the 'Internet Cafe'. Only one man on the help desk! There was often a line of 12-15 people and a 45 minute wait, to get your cellphone connected! The Chrismas decorations around the ship were lovely. There was the singing of Christmas carols in the piazza, which is always nice to see and hear. However, the variety of food was not as great in the Horizon Court this time -- which was a disappointment. Also, the evening theater shows were not as good as on earlier cruises. An energetic British singer named Sonia Selbie belted out tunes that no one ever heard of. She was a no-show for her second act, no explanation given. There was a ventriloquist with a puppet; great to see that Princess is still supporting this 1930's form of entertainment. At a lecture at the spa on "How to Lose Belly Fat" we learned that drinking diet soda was the same as drinking battery acid, and that your genetic makeup only accounts for 5% of who you are -- the other 95% is up to you! Shame on Princess for promoting such unscientific blather. There are new deck chairs on the promenade deck -- very stiff, very uncomfortable! More real reclining deck chairs would be nice. So all in all, the experience was not as nice as on previous Princess cruises.

Not So Special For A Christmas Cruise!

Crown Princess Cruise Review by doug111

2 people found this helpful
Trip Details
  • Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior
Our 5th cruise on Princess, thru the Southern Caribbean stops this time. As usual, the boarding went quickly and smoothly. All of the ship's staff and were always friendly and professional, each and every day. So why only 3 stars? As noted on several other reviews..... the ship was UNDERSTAFFED. It should not take 20 minutes to have a waiter come and take your order in a "five star" restaurant. I don't blame the wait staff -- they were working their butts off, and trying their best! But there were not enough help! Same with the 'Internet Cafe'. Only one man on the help desk! There was often a line of 12-15 people and a 45 minute wait, to get your cellphone connected! The Chrismas decorations around the ship were lovely. There was the singing of Christmas carols in the piazza, which is always nice to see and hear. However, the variety of food was not as great in the Horizon Court this time -- which was a disappointment. Also, the evening theater shows were not as good as on earlier cruises. An energetic British singer named Sonia Selbie belted out tunes that no one ever heard of. She was a no-show for her second act, no explanation given. There was a ventriloquist with a puppet; great to see that Princess is still supporting this 1930's form of entertainment. At a lecture at the spa on "How to Lose Belly Fat" we learned that drinking diet soda was the same as drinking battery acid, and that your genetic makeup only accounts for 5% of who you are -- the other 95% is up to you! Shame on Princess for promoting such unscientific blather. There are new deck chairs on the promenade deck -- very stiff, very uncomfortable! More real reclining deck chairs would be nice. So all in all, the experience was not as nice as on previous Princess cruises.
doug111’s Full Rating Summary
Enrichment Activities
Value For Money
Embarkation
Dining
Public Rooms
Entertainment
Cabin
Fitness & Recreation
Service
Onboard Experience
Free Price Drop Alerts
Get Crown Princess price drops
250,000+ people have entered their email

Cabin Review

Interior
Cabin IA b741
Typical inside cabin, with Princess's famous tiny showers. Despite being near the tail end of the ship, there was no noise or vibration from the engines. There was an occasional gentle rocking motion, which we always enjoy as it helps put you to sleep.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

Port & Shore Excursion Reviews