3. Avalon Impression
These tours are wonderful way to see lovely ports and hear of the history of europe without having to re-pack suitcase each day. I am a solo traveler, but a girlfriend was also on the cruise. I felt we still had a good time even though there were almost no actual solo travelers or girlfriend groups onboard. The panoramic staterooms are just wonderful. Being able to lie on bed and see the lovely scenery was breathtaking. I enjoyed sitting by the window and seeing the countryside as well as the towns drift by. Our tour did have low water conditions which caused us to miss a day on the boat - two nights at the beginning and one at the end. Avalon compensates you for this inconvenience and missing some of the river. They do put you up at a 5 star hotel. The bus rides were not so far, and the tours proceeded as they normally would if we had docked in town. So I never had to repack a suitcase. If the lower water was in the center, it might have had a more dramatic impact. I paid for the optional excursion to Cesky Krumlov in Czech Republic, and it was a highlight for me. Beautiful bus ride through the countryside too.

Interesting tours and lovely staterooms; low water

Avalon Impression Cruise Review by nkcutter2