3. Royal Clipper
I chose this cruise (Royal Clipper to The Grenadines) to "get away from it all" and celebrate my 60th birthday, after having had a pretty awful year last year. We're not "cruising people", but I love being on ships/boats, (not floating skyscrapers) and exploring places. I liked the fact that the entertainment was simple, the food was adequate (not excessive or wasteful) and that the on-board activities were minimal. There was a library, plenty of sailing activity to watch, and wonderful scenery. This was therefore the perfect cruise for me. A geographer's cruise. The balance of large/small ports and beach/swimming stops was excellent, giving plenty of variety. The relatively small size of the ship, and ability to go ashore easily by tender meant that we could explore some charming and hidden away places - spending my birthday on Petit Bateau in the Tobago Cays was like being in a dream, and being invited by the Captain to take the wheel (under close supervision!) was the icing on the cake. I would definitely like to go on another Star Clippers cruise.

Perfect cruise for exploring interesting places

Royal Clipper Cruise Review by karinanne

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean

I would definitely like to go on another Star Clippers cruise.
karinanne’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Clippers Royal Clipper price drops

This was a lovely cabin (cabin, note - not stateroom!), very spacious, and we really loved the balcony - it was well worth the extra money. Very comfortable, and we had excellent service from our cabin steward Francel.
  Royal Clipper Deck Plans