3. Scenic Spirit
We have been on several cruises both river and sea since 1980. This was the very best so far for many many reasons. The itinerary was spectacular. Sailing the Mekong River through Vietnam and Cambodia. If you are thinking of doing this. DO IT NOW. 5 years from now you will not be able to experience the personal level of meeting local people doing what they do from working on the river, selling in markets or making silver or silk. The Scenic crew was one of the best. You could not want for anyone anytime. The ship was excellent and the staterooms were two times as big as any I have ever seen. We bought the regular fare not the premium but I cannot imagine what else you would need. The food was very different but if you wanted standard fare, it was always available. I could write 10,000 words describing each day but I won’t. JUST DO IT!

Best cruise ever on so many levels

Scenic Spirit Cruise Review by mstrmarsch

The Scenic crew was one of the best. You could not want for anyone anytime.

I could write 10,000 words describing each day but I won’t. JUST DO IT!
, The Scenic Team has responded
Dear mstrmarsch, We are delighted to read that you had an incredible time on the Mekong River on board Scenic Spirit and found the ship to be excellent with spacious staterooms. It's wonderful to know that this cruise was one of the very best you've ever been on and you found our crew to be amazing. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again one day. Best regards, The Scenic Team
mstrmarsch’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Spirit price drops

Huge room and sitting room. Lovely bathroom and shower. Floor to ceiling windows. Windows opened but the Mekong is a little buggy. Large closets and minibar always restocked 2x a day.
Wanted to take bed home but is specially manufactured in Europe.