3. Carnival Vista
Let me start by saying we had an awesome time On the cruise. Our ports and the weather were amazing. We chose this cruise because the dates were what we needed and the leaving port. This was our second cruise, we first sailed on Royal Caribbean. FOOD Cons: food was a joke in the dining room. Example: chicken and side of broccoli. You literally get two small PIECES of broccoli. It was almost funny. Shrimp cocktail, you get 3 small shrimps. The lido deck was edible but would not say good. Comparing to Royals, Royal was 10times better. No one is helpful like they were in Royal Caribbean in the dining room filling your drinks, etc. which doesn’t really bother me, just a nice touch I noticed was missing. They do not encourage any hand washing as they do at Royal which I appreciated Royal doing to avoid sickness. FOOD pro: Guys burger joint was excellent as well as the burritos and pizza. Thank goodness for those!! All food areas were kept clean. ACTIVITIES: The sky ride, ropes course and slides were hardly ever open and when it was the line was so long you didn’t get to ride before it closed again. Without these there is not mich to do for older (12-15) kids. The outside deck with pool tables and shuffle board was a mess, shuffle board didn’t have all the pieces, most of mini golf was torn up and holes didn’t work. You can do the movies but they all cost extra. SHIP: the ship was crowded. There was always a fight for chairs and lines. Only two small hot tubs, On the last day, if you wanted to sit by the pool you had to listen to football on the big screen the entire day. Great if like football but not what I wanted to hear all day especially when they could have put them on in one of the bars. Just wanted to relax and hear some music on the last day. One of my biggest problem with the ship was with the waiters trying to serve my child alcohol. Multiple times. My son clearly looks like a child and I watched as he asked for a virgin drink and they went to pour alcohol and he said no no! The lady was like, “you can have it!” I stepped up and told her a very stern no. This was at the bar deck on 3. They walked around with champagne and kept trying to give him one also with me standing right there?! Not cool. This is really the deal breaker for me as far and positive reviews. I can deal with most of the others small issues but this one made me feel untrusting. Our ports were awesome and we enjoyed all three of them. The ports and the weather made the trip very enjoyable. There are more rants I could go on about but overall, it just does not give the same feel as our Royal Trip and we paid a lot more for this one. If I had to choose I probably would not pick Carnival again unless it was a good deal and for sure not the Vista.

Just Average

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Jlollman

ACTIVITIES:

SHIP: the ship was crowded. There was always a fight for chairs and lines.

Only two small hot tubs,

Jlollman’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8G 1156
Cabin was spacious, comfortable beds and always kept clean from housekeeping.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins