• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

Viking Ve Review

Editor Rating

No low water troubles at last

Review for Viking Ve to Europe River
azzure
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2018
Cabin: French Balcony

We wanted to see the Christmas Markets and this seemed an efficient way to do this. It was our first ever river cruise, and we were lucky to be able to sail the entire way given this year's chronic low water issues. Most of the staff were outstanding; very warm and helpful except perhaps for the tour director Lee, who seemed a bit prickly and distant at times.

The weather was VERY cold, and this may not have given us a true picture of what river cruising is like, as the outdoor areas of the ship were unusable, and several of the excursions were bitterly cold, including the one I had most looked forward to, to Cesky Krumlov.

I have been an independent traveler for most of my life. I don't like tours, and some of the excursions were a bit too programmed for my taste (though the guides were all excellent). Not sure if I will try another river cruise at this point.

French Balcony

Cabin D

Perfect use of space, but still cramped for two people. We were always in each other's way, it seemed.

Port Reviews

Cesky Krumlov

Experience was diminished by extreme cold. Would love to see this village in more temperate weather.

Bratislava

Did not find Bratislava to be as interesting as other ports on the Danube Waltz cruise. Extra time in Vienna or Budapest would have been preferred.

2 Helpful Votes