Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review
2,269 Reviews

I have had better cruises.

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by bearcatjon

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

I had never traveled on a Royal ship in the past so this was my first. The ship was nice with many bells and whistles I had not experienced in the past. I did not like that the Windjammer had restricted hours of service as I have pretty much been used to on other cruises. I was not crazy about the shows on the Adventure, but Mercedes and Isaac were fantastic. I was really hoping for a WOW factor for this cruise, but I was disappointed overall. Service was great for my cabin and the few dinners we had in the dining room. Lastly, I'm not one to complain a lot, but this was an 11th anniversary cruise and I ordered yellow roses to my room and when we arrived they had red roses which are not my wife's favorites. Maybe that got me off on a bad footing for the cruise.

bearcatjon's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 4D 6276

The cabin was a lot smaller than I was used to and I was hoping after the refurbishment that there might have at least added USB ports, but with only two outlets it was hard to keep our various phones, trackers etc charged.

I really enjoyed this roller coaster. It was the first time I have ever done one of the personal coasters.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

I was really hoping to explore the fort and we only got to spend 15 minutes there and over two hours at the Mall.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
St. Maarten

We took the water taxi to Phillipsburg and then a taxi to Maho Beach. The taxi ride was horrible because our cab did not have air conditioning.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

This cruise port is very convenient if you are staying in Ft. Lauderdale as it is very close to the airport.

bearcatjon