Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Quilting Queen

• Sail Date: Feb 2010
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

RCL Radiance of the Sea 10 day Mexician Riveria RT San Diego cruise.

Mexico was warm & most cities were clean. The Roll Call group did a lot of tours toegther. M&M was the first sea day and our group had an organized slot pull with no luck after the M&M.

In Cabo we did Whale watching with a shore company. We saw several different mom & baby with companion. One of the babies was learning how to tail slap and other neat things. We all think the baby was having fun showing off for us.

In Mazatlan we did a city tour with Mazatlan Frank. We did a tour with his company in 2008. We enjoyed both tours. Lunch stop was at a place called 'Tony's on the Beach'. You can have lunch on the beach under a big canopy, go swiming (water is a little cool for me). After lunch he comes to each table with a bottle of local Tequilla for shots. I escaped that but all the men took shots. We saw the oldest Catholic church in the city, walked to the local market place (very large) where you can get everything from fresh meat and fruit to local made straw and household products and clothes. We saw the cliff divers, where the average people live and where the rich live.

In Acopulco we did a similar tour as Mazatlan. Saw where the average people live and where the rich live, saw the cliff divers (more spectaluar than Mazatlan), had lunch at a restaurant on the beach and all the local statues. Most of these tours were drive by's except the market, lunch and cliff divers.

Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo we did not do a tour. Took the local water taxi to Las Gatas beach for snorkeling, beer and possibly lunch. We were there about an hour. It was cold & windy and started to rain so we went back to the ship for lunch and to warm up. I did not go into the water. This was the only stormy/rainy day in port.

Porta Vallarta we did not take any tours. We went shopping at the local shops by the pier and visited the small Bird santuary on the dock. I got pictures of DH with one of the wonderful long tail parrots and he got a picture of me. We enjoyed the ship the rest of the day.

There were 5 ports and 5 sea days, only 2 sea days together. We played bingo on sea days and did trivia with some of the Roll Call group. I did not do any of the crafts like scrapbooking because they conflicted with bingo. I got up too late for the organized 'Walk a Mile' and free morning stretch. One of the gals in the CC group arranged for the early diners to be together. We had very good service and the food was pertty much like any cruise food. We ate breakfast and lunch at the buffet occasionally but mostly in the dining room. We did the Mystery Muder dinner one night with several other CC members. It was fun and a very good meal even though we were wrong with guess who the killer was. The performers were all part of the entertainment staff. I tried to make it to all the evening show while DH was in casino. I enjoy all the ship entertainment. Usually from a seat in the very middle of the show theater. Get there early fo rmy choice of seats, if I am late I can always find a single seat in a good place.

There were lots of captain's coctail parties and the Roll Call party had about 100 show up. The captain, Trym Selvag was very funny and always visible and accessable at these events. The cruise director, Dan, was always visible. I don't know when they get to sleep. It was a very good cruise with pretty smooth seas. The Pacific Coast is always a little rough the first day/night out and last day/night heading back.

I hope this is not too detailed and wordy.

Norine