Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by Niceview

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda 1B

Celebrity lost a star in the review for the very painful embarking we experienced. 1.5 hours standing in line is not a great start to a wonderful vacation.

Luckily, Captain Kate and the staff of the Equinox more than made up for the unpleasant start. Our dining group (Baron, Angela, Resa and Charm) were the best we’ve ever had on a cruise! Our favorites were the escargot, beef wellington, prime rib and the lobster ravioli.

For the first time on a cruise, we even enjoyed the buffet for breakfast and lunch. The MDR had fake hash browns at breakfast, not so the buffet. The Caesar salad at the buffet was very good. There were so many good choices.

Our room (8124) was within sight of the Bridge. I loved being on our balcony and watching Captain Kate and crew preparing for departure from the various islands. We could have used 1or 2 more drawers, but found our room very quiet and comfortable. We slept wonderfully on this cruise.

We did a mix of ship excursions and some we scheduled on our own. One thing I learned though, if you have any health issues that make walking a challenge; booking through Celebrity will make getting on the tour a bit easier. We found that the tours outside of the ship booking don’t always pick you up right at the dock. There was one tour that from our room to their location was a 1.6 mile walking in the heat. If I had known that, I probably would have picked something different. I learned that when I book myself, I need to find out those details.

We really enjoyed the entertainment and had a great time with the Cruiseguys2009 slot pull to start our cruise.

Thanks to the hard work of all those people working on the Equinox, we had a great vacation.

Niceview's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda 1B
Cabin 1B 8124

Very comfortable and quiet. We slept wonderfully. If we had booked earlier and had a choice, I would have preferred more mid ship and a bit closer to the elevators, but other than that, we were quite satisfied.

City Tour

Our last day and it included transport to Fort Lauderdale Airport. Well organized and informative. Make sure to put sunblock and a hat in your carry-on bag that last night. It’s an open air bus up top.

View All 169 City Tour Reviews

We got in a van at the dock and they dropped us at the Royal Palms. We paid for loungers and an umbrella (plus the van transport to and from), there’s food available for purchase and you spend the day on beautiful 7 mile beach. If you’ve been to Grand Cayman before, this is a great way to spend your day.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

It’s a bit of a hike to pick up the golf carts, but we had a fun day driving around on our own with a great beach stop.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Trolley Tour

The tour was very informative, but the stops were really sales/pickup stops at hotels and sales huts. Would have liked more on Duvall for instance. We didn’t get off once! On others, we’ve gone through the whole circuit and the picked stops we wanted to see more of. There wasn’t one stop that met that so we got off and walked to Duvall Street.

View All 176 Trolley Tour Reviews
Island Tour

Pretty hot and not the most comfortable bus, but we got a good look at the island.

View All 224 Island Tour Reviews