3. Viking Orion
We initially chose the cruise because of the itinerary was to places we wanted to visit. We didn't realize until onboard this was the maiden voyage. There were a few hiccups and some things that needed tending to -- as in "we are waiting for the shower door seals to catch up to us." Our cabin was very spacious and there was plenty of room to store all of our clothes and such. The bathroom as well had lots of space and the shower was very roomy. The balcony was spacious and allowed us to sit comfortably at the table and not feel cramped. The only downside was the coffee maker. It was a Nespresso but did not come with the pods. Instead there was instant coffee and tea. That was not the probleml. The problem was there were no clear instructions on how to operate when you don't stick a pod in. I thought I was following the instructions, but sometimes I got hot water and other times not. I am hoping this has been corrected. Dining was terrific. I think we just managed to hit all of the options. It was nice to be waited on and then have the option for burgers, deli or the buffet. Dining al fresco was also nice. Afternoon tea, when onboard, was delightful. There were plenty of activities to keep us busy onboard. Entertainment was great and the places to listen to music were many. The total surprise was the planeterium on board. We went every opportunity we could. The onboard astronomers were very knowledgeable and they were more than willing to share their expertise. They even scheduled extra nights so they could point out new stars/planets in the sky. The "educational" speakers, too, knew their subjects and made what could be a dry subject very entertaining. We tried not to miss them. All of the personnel were friendly and anxious to help you out. Our cabin steward was amazing. Any request, no matter how small, and he was delighted to fulfill them. My daughter used the fitness center and we partook of the spa and other areas. My only complaint was the sauna/hot tub area closed too early. We would have used it more, but time constraints with other activities forced us to choose them over relaxing in the spa. There were lots of excursions, almost too many, I wanted to go on several of them. It was hard to choose. I traveled with my parents and my daughter and all of us agreed it was a great experience. We will definitely be on another Viking cruise in the near future.

Maiden Voyage was Great

Viking Orion Cruise Review by cchalk

We didn't realize until onboard this was the maiden voyage.

Afternoon tea, when onboard, was delightful.

cchalk’s Full Rating Summary