3. Norwegian Escape
1 = This is our 23rd Cruise: 17 on Carnival + 5 on NCL + 1 on Celestyal. When our 3 kids were small we enjoyed cruising on Carnival = THE FUN SHIP. However, now that our kids are all grown up we have migrated to cruising on NCL. The biggest attraction to NCL is the Free Style Dining; not to mention that the Customer Service on NCL, throughout the various ranks of Employees is exceptional. Furthermore, the food choices are delightful and the Shows are spectacular. We like crusing NCL so much, that we purchased 4 CruiseNext Deposits on this cruise. 2 = Our favourite NCL Hero on this Cruise was Manuel Santos – Assistant Maitre’D in the Manhattan Dining Room, which we had Dinner 6 out of the 7 nights. From the very 1st night that we dined in the Manhattan Room, we had the pleasure of being served by Manuel & his great Team. We always requested a table under Manuel’s domain, and if we weren’t lucky to get one, we made it a point to let Manuel know where we were sitting, and he would always come over to talk with us. Manuel is an outstanding ambassador for NCL. His “above & beyod” service always with a smile, makes us want to cruise with NCL all the time. We looked forward to seeing Manuel every evening for dinner and were so impressed with his service and attention for detail at the Manhattan Dining Room, as well as the Garden Café. Opportunity for NCL to Improve with the following items/areas: 1. Have a notice at the Manager’s Desk of the Internet Café alerting all users that the Printer connected to the Computer Stations in the Internet Station will be disabled after 11:00 p.m. every evening. Therefore if you need to print any documents, make sure that you do so before 11:00 p.m. On the last evening of this Cruise, I went to the Internet Café at 11:30 p.m., so as to be able to print my Air Flight Boarding Passes, but was unsuccessful. I did send the documents to print, but nothing was coming out of the Printer. I did approach Guest Services at least 4 times to get this matter resolved, but on my last visit, Juan spoke to the Internet Café Manager = Robert (who was definitely not a happy camper in being disturbed this late, to deal with what was an important matter to me). Robert was rude in his tone of voice and he told Juan that the Printer is disabled after 11:00 p.m. I did ask Juan if it would be possible to send my Boarding Pass to one of the Guest Services Team Members, so as to have my Boarding Pass printed, but Juan said that no one in Guest Services had access to Internet!! I did visit the Internet Café in the morning, before getting off the ship to see if the Printer was connected, but no such luck. 2. After we disembarked off the ship at around 9:00 a.m. (Red Tag), it would be helpful to easily locate our baggage if there was a colour coded flag (red in our case) flying at each of the baggage drop off points. 3. After we disembarked off the ship at around 9:00 a.m. (Red Tag), and picked up our baggage, it would make our journey back home more bearable, if there were more US Customs Officers on duty. Only 5 (or 31.25%) of the total 16 Customs Stations were operational, whilst we were waiting in line to clear Customs. Surely for a ship of this size carrying almost 5000 Passengers, one would want to clear out all these passengers in a timely manner! 4. Regarding the operations of O’Sheenan's 24/7 Restaurant, I would like to hear the reason for the undeclared change in policy of not being allowed to take our food from this Restaurant. I had no trouble taking out food from the O’Sheenans when I travelled on the EPIC & STAR in 2016. The Maitre’D on duty would not give me a reason, other that the Policy had changed and he said that he would guide me to a table to order food. Surely there is a bigger problem/challenge of monitoring the food being taken out of the Garden Café to all different places of the ship! This change in Policy does not line up with NCL’s mantra of FREE STYLE DINING!!!! When I eat out at Restaurants and I have left overs, I’m allowed to take home the left overs for the meal that I paid for. 5. Regarding the size of spoons available at the Garden Cafe, I’m puzzled that for eating Cereal, as well as ice-cream the offered size of spoon is that of a serving-spoon. I am accustomed to eating my cereal with a table-spoon, and ice-cream with a teaspoon. As such, it would be nice if you would have a canister/basket with both table-spoons & teaspoons readily available. When I ate in the Garden Café in the morning & at lunch time, I would always have to request for a teaspoon & then have to wait while the server would go back into the kitchen area to get me my teaspoon. 6. I’m puzzled that on Day-7 that the only alert regarding the need to turn our clocks back one hour, occurred as a TIP OF THE DAY in the Day-7 edition of the FREESTYLE DAILY. I think that one needs to make a bigger deal of this matter, along the lines of the efforts made when we had to turn our clocks forward one hour for Day-3. In the Day-2 edition of the FREESTYLE DAILY, the need to change our clocks forward occurred as a TIP OF THE DAY. In addition, we received a coloured alert tag in our Cabin to highlight that we were entering a different time-zone that mandated a change in our clocks. Furthermore there were announcements made of the PA regarding a change in time. 7. NCL needs to up its’ game regarding the Lattitudes Repeaters Party. Surely with all the amazing food available on the NCL-ESCAPE, one could certainly provide a great selection of snacks & not just Cheese & Crackers. On Carnival, they have a Trivial Pursuit set of games pertaining to the Carnival Fleet, with token prizes for the winners. 8. When I booked this Cruise I was under the impression that we were going to be docked in Bermuda for 3 full days. Sadly, we docked at 6:00 p.m. on Day-1 & set sail for new York at 3:00 p.m. on Day-3. Due to a medical emergency on our ship, the Captain cruised at the maximum 24Knots speed, so as to get us into Bermuda over 24 hours earlier than the expected time, so I'm not quite sure why NCL does not plan to allow us to spend more time in Bermuda. I know that a lot of passengers were disappointed with being somewhat short changed!e always requested a table under Manuel’s domain, and if we weren’t lucky to get one, we made it a point to let Manuel know where we were sitting, and he would always come over to talk with us. Manuel is an outstanding ambassador for NCL. His “Above & Beyond” service always with a smile, makes us want to cruise with NCL all the time. We looked forward to seeing Manuel every evening for dinner and were so impressed with his service and attention for detail at the Manhattan Dining Room, as well as the Garden Café.

Our Favourite NCL Hero was Manuel Santos - Assistant Maitre'D

MasterDBC’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BC 10180
Based on this being the largest ship that we have traveled with NCL, we were somewhat disappointed with the size of our Cabin, especially the layout configuration of the furniture. Our bed was positioned so close to the closet that we had a challenge putting our clothes in the closet. As such, I took it upon my self to move out the side bed tables and pushed the bed away from the closet, thereby giving us breathing room to access our closet. The size of the washroom was comfortable, especially the shower enclosure. I would relocate the Toilet brush to the other side, such that it is not in close proximity to the spare toilet roll. It would be nice if there was a Cabin Key in the light slot when we entered our Cabin, so as to ensure that the Air Conditioning was on at all times after we left our Cabin. I had to take time out to visit Guest Services and request a dummy key for our Cabin.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins