3. Norwegian Breakaway
When Norwegian changed the first port of call from Amsterdam to Gothenburg, Sweden I knew it was an omen. Embarkation was rainy with no cover for the very long walk to the ship. The ship's crew were not friendly and service was terrible. Food was mediocre at best. The Manhattan dining room served up food that was slightly warm and tasteless. The specialty dining rooms scored better but only on the food side. Service was certainly lacking. Our cabin was very spacious (mini suite mid ship) and the bathroom was the roomiest I have ever had on a cruiseship. The chairs throughout the entire ship were the most uncomfortable chairs ever. I guess Norwegian didn't want any loitering. Entertainment was quite good. In cabin TV was a boring loop of old movies and TV shows. If you wanted a movie, you paid for it. It seemed like every time you turned around, Norwegian was squeezing more money out of you. GOTHENBURG - why any cruise line would stop here is a mystery to me. There is nothing there. We were unable to walk on the pier and were forced to either stay on the ship, take one of their tours or pay $15 for a transfer to a city where there was nothing to do. The day before disembarkation, I found out that I couldn't use my onboard credits towards gratuities. This came as a surprise. There was no place they could point out in my documentation where it stated that. But they wouldn't budge. Not impressed. I am giving this cruise an AVERAGE rating although even that is a stretch.

Not impressed with Norwegian

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by ypgal

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

I am giving this cruise an AVERAGE rating although even that is a stretch.
ypgal’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 10190
No real complaints other than the incabin entertainment (TV) was on a loop that played for 14 days.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins