3. Seven Seas Voyager
We choose this cruise as we wished to experience the top end of the cruise industry. Not wishing to make a mistake we checked out what was on offer as best we could by attending an all day promotion and a visit to the Explorer while docked in Southampton. I had read the reviews relating to the Navigator regarding vibration and made a point of checking this out at the time of booking with regent as to how the Voyager fared in this department. Fine we were told, no problems, this turned out to be the hype and not the reality. Also be aware of booking direct and transferring the cruise to a travel agent. Regent had our card for paying the deposit and then out of the blue later took the remainder of the fare which I can assure everybody was not cheap. We had already paid the travel agent two weeks before. Regent apologised but it took some weeks before the refund was made to the card. Another point to keep in mind is the flight, business class included, well up to a point. The flight times are issued some time after booking and when our came in we were expected to fly circa 7am on the return which meant getting off the ship by 4am. The only solution was to arrive back into another airport i.e. out from Heathrow and back to London City. A nice pre cruise stay in Rome though in our opinion don't expect too much from the Regent ground staff. All ground transfer by way of coach so a lot of waiting around for everybody to be rounded up. No problem with embarkation or disembarkation and the one excellent point about the ship were the staff. All were everything you would want considering the work day in and day out for months on an end. We had on advice booked a penthouse 'C' cabin overlooking the stern. Good cabin though a little threadbare in places but clean and comfortable. That is till one lay on the bed which I dad for an afternoon nap. Vibration could be felt through the pillow and that was while in port. It got worse while underway with even the large mirror on the wall making noise as it shuddered. Spoke to the management but there seemed nothing they could do. This seemed to be a well known problem with staff. I wish I had been told and I could have sourced a cabin mid-ship or forward. I have had better food, what was served could either be suppurb or something one would expect from a motorway service station. The all inclusive excursions!!! We took the first one, tendered ashore, placed on a public ferry, inside as there was no room on the top, so views were limited, left ashore after a short walk with the guide to return in 90 minutes. Ferry back and wait in the sun for a tender back to the ship. We didn't bother with any more of their excursions. A week of poor sleep, okay food and do it ourself excursions all at a price where we could have gone anywhere. So fellow travellers, beware of the aft cabins, not just on the stern. We have been offered a small discount on a future cruise but I will have to read a lot of great reviews before taking advantage of it. Sorry Regent and all it's great staff but I would have to question the claim of being the Cruise Industry leader. as good as most and on par with some.

Inclusive does not mean exclusive

Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by frankwales

frankwales’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Voyager price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin C
The cabin is good, the balcony excellent in size, spoiled by the constant vibration.
Deck 10 Suite Cabins