In the Wake of the Vikings - Ocean Cruise (Sep 2018)
Sep 01 - SAN DIEGO - FRANKFURT
* Flew on Lufthansa First Class (excellent service)
* It is important to note that there was a serious problem on board this ship. Based on our own personal experience and conversations with some of the passengers - there is a noise problem that needs to be addressed.
* Our cabin, 4084, was so noisy we could not sleep at night.
* We invited engineering into 4084 so they could hear the noise as well and they did. Not at all clear what the cause was but it was intermittent and even occurred when the ship was not moving. It was a very loud booming sound and vibrated one wall in the cabin.
* After two nights in that cabin - Viking relocated us to cabin 5026 which was identical to 4084 except without any noise.
This port was a real treat as the town folk made us feel so welcome and entertained us on the dock as we arrived. Delightful.