3. Anthem of the Seas
Embarkation went quickly and smoothly. I drove from South Jersey, pulled right up to the curb where they took our luggage and then drove right into the parking lot. Once we entered the building we went thru security and were met with a RCCL rep with an IPad who signed us in and we proceeded to board. We went directly to Cafe Two70 where we signed up for IFly and NorthStar. There were plenty of people there to help. Tried to sign up for other activities but they were already full (we were a party of 5). We boarded around 11 am. I got the feeling that those boarding later were going to be out of luck on all activities that you need to sign up for. We then explored the ship for a little bit and went to the Windjammer for lunch. By the time lunch was finished, our cabins were ready. We had a Deluxe Veranda Cabin which was standard sized. Bathroom was small but certainly usable. Cabin service was outstanding. Our cabin attendant always had a smile on his face, remembered our names and took the time to chat with us. Our room was always clean, towels were changed a few times each day. We ate in the Windjammer for most meals. Food was good but not outstanding. It was always crowded but we always managed to find a table for 5 after walking around a time or two. My advice would be to avoid eating there for breakfast when it was most crowded. Cafe Two70 and the Solarium Cafe served much of what was being served in the Windjammer and there were always plenty of seats. We ate in the dining room (My Time Dining) three nights. Food was very good, service excellent. My only complaint really is that there were never enough activities for the 4000 plus people on board, especially on sea days. Pools were very crowded and good luck finding a seat anywhere near the pool. Unfortunately for us, it rained for at least half the time we were on the ship which made the lack of activities even more highlighted. We saw The Gift which was wonderful and Spectra which was plain weird (three of of our party actually fell asleep). Missed the We Will Rock You show which was cancelled because of stormy seas. If the Royal Swedes are playing anywhere on the ship while you are there, go see them as they are excellent. Overall I had a good time. I'm not sure that I would ever sail on this class of ship again as it was way too big for my taste. I can say that all of the walking that we did helped keep us from gaining too much weight!

Impressive ship, not enough activities

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by njekers

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View with Large Balcony

njekers’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Ocean View with Large Balcony
Cabin 2C 6132
The cabin was standard sized for a cruise ship. Plenty of storage. Bathroom was small but usable. I loved that they water was instantly hot and lasted the entire time we were in the shower. My only complaint was that there really was not any comfortable place to sit. There was a sofa in the room but it was hard as a rock. Of course, we spent very little time there so it really didn't matter.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins