3. Wilderness Explorer
A First time cruise for me and taking my 12yr old grandson made the week SPECIAL! The crew was super friendly and helpful; the food extraordinary and always different;the scenery spectacular and we had the most beautiful weather- unexpected!! We saw glaciers up close the 1st day. We kayaked and went out on skiffs to learn about the environment from our knowledgeable guides. We hiked to a lake thru amazing terrain.We saw whales and seals and eagles! And finally our last day saw a bear!! Our captain took the boat in so close to waterfalls we could feel the spray! But most fun for my grandson was paddle boarding w/ a friend- they finally were able to do headstands on the boards! And the water wasn’t so cold when they fell in! The guests were welcomed on the Bridge, and I was fascinated to learn amongst the crew were 6 registered captains!!

Fantastic week on a SMALL ship!!

Wilderness Explorer Cruise Review by Idaho/cruiser

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Alaska

Our captain took the boat in so close to waterfalls we could feel the spray!

Idaho/cruiser’s Full Rating Summary