3. Pride of America
We are from Georgia, There was 7 of us with 4 cabins, Cabin 1-my wife and I, cabin2- my brother and his wife, cabin3-My mother in law, cabin4- my niece and her husband.The flight from Atlanta was non stop, and very long, but well worth it. Sometimes when you plan a trip, it does not meet your expectations. This one did, it was great, we had excursions almost every day. We started our trip on Delta, very good flight, the Air Bus 330 had screens at each seat, and a wide selection of movies, games and other entertainment to choose from. We spent 3 days in Honolulu prior to the cruise. We stayed at the Ramada Plaza,formerly Holiday Inn. It was a very good deal. The hotel is old , but clean, and the staff is very good at any problem. Prior to the cruise we took in Pearl Harbor, the Punch Bowl, VA cemetery, and a Paradise Cove Luau. Pearl Harbor-- Everyone should see Pearl Harbor. To see all that is there, plan a full 8 hour day. There is the Arizona, Missouri, the aviation museum, and several displays of weapons. There are 2 short movies with old footage of the attack. Punch bowl--- Very beautiful, grounds and tress it is built on a volcano crater. Paradise Cove Luau--- This was the biggest disappointment of the whole trip. Do not book this Luau. It was over $100 per person, served on plastic, and paper. The food was almost cold, and the pork looked canned, had no flavor , and made my sister in law sick. A very commercialized ALOHA. We boarded the ship on Saturday 02/06/10. We booked all our excursions with Adventuremaui.com. The select and prices were better than NCL. Maui- Sunrise Bike tour , this is great, very cold (32DegreesF), and windy, but worth it, to see the sunrise, then the down hill bike 28 miles, very little peddling Maui--- Hana Adventure Tour -- This is a small bus tour , maybe 12 people. The guide/ bus driver is very informative. A very good value. Hilo--- Circle of Fire - Helicopter a little expensive , but worth it to see the lava flow close up. These were the best tours. We did some whale watching that was OK, but not many whales. Ship Food: We ate most of the time in the Aloha buffet, it was the best food I've had at the buffets on any ship, and this is our 12th cruise. Italian Pay restaurant-- We had my wife's birthday here, it was very good. Entertainment--- We only went to one show, the comedy, Second City, it was very good. Disembarkment--- NCL does a program called Easy Fly where they will book your bags , take them to the airport and issue boarding passes. This worked for us. I recommend it. It does cost $24 per person. Summary--- I read several reviews where it was said the food was OK, and service was lacking, from the all America staff. I found this to be the best service of any cruise, we've taken. And only Alaska had equal scenery. Take care, Let me know if you have any questions, Scott Woodall

Pride od America--- Best way to see Hawaii in 7 days

Pride of America Cruise Review by cheapest

• Sail Date: February 2010
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
We boarded the ship on Saturday 02/06/10.
Ship Food:
Italian Pay restaurant-- We had my wife's birthday here, it was very good.
Summary---
Take care,
Let me know if you have any questions, Scott Woodall
cheapest’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD 9660
Room was quite, bathroom was fine, rfig worked good. Would have been nice to have a microwave, but space is an issue.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins