• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Size12Stilettos
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: May 2018
Cabin: Interior
The sign says Sandwich Shop. Where are the sandwiches?
This is the entire World Fresh Marketplace (buffet restaurant). The options
Pull out your thinking cap. You have a lot to learn! Names for each floor,
Ceiling leaks at the Reception Desk. There were buckets on the floor catchi
Ceiling leaks at the Reception Desk. There were buckets on the floor catchi
My little bed bug friend.

This was my first cruise with Princess and as a result of my experience, it will definitely be my last. Prior to booking, I had this impression that Princess was an elite cruising brand. I expected more of them than I would a Carnival, Norwegian or Royal Caribbean cruise line.

I could not have been more wrong. Let's start with the PROS since its a short list.

PROS:

Interior

Cabin IB

I usually don't sleep much, if at all, the night before a cruise, because I am busy packing and getting my house (and life) prepared for my extensive departure, so I usually make up for that sleep the first night on the ship. This cruise was no exception. I grabbed a bite to eat and booked my excursions once I got on board and I headed straight to my room to snooze. After we set sailed, I got up to grab something out of my bag and when I returned to the bed I noticed what looked like a bed bug crawling over the duvet cover. I screamed! I ran outside where the cabin steward was. He came in looking embarrassed, but not surprised, and scooped the bug into a glass jar. I was mortified. All I could think was how grateful I was that I had not unpacked yet. I did NOT want to take any of these critters home with me. I hear bed bugs are horrible to get rid of. I went straight to the guest desk. Its the first night, so there's a long line. I patiently wait. When I get to the line, the service desk rep (Ignacio and Aracelli) said there was not much they could do besides send someone to investigate and clean the room since the ship was sold out. They did not offer me some place to sit or rest at during this 2-hour investigation. They did not offer me a complimentary beverage or meal. They did not apologize for the inconvenience. They did nothing, but "investigate." I stood on the side of the reception desk for 2 hours exhausted. I finally got back in line to see if there was an update, since NO ONE spoke to me during those 2 hours and only after I got back in line did someone call to check on the "investigation" and that's when I was told they were done and they did not find anything else. For all I know, the investigation could have been completed an hour earlier. I return to my room alone. Visibly shaken, they did not offer to escort me to my room to reassure me and show me their findings. No one was there when I arrived. It was hours later when the cabin steward supervisor and my cabin steward returned to tell me the supervisor found nothing. I asked if I would be able to get checked by medical - something the front desk rep said I would be able to get - and the supervisor told me NO. He said I would have to pay for this myself. I was done after this. Done. He treated me like I was inconveniencing them. Very hostile. I never unpacked my bag. I kept it closed the entire cruise and I checked my room for bed bugs each and every day. I tried not to let this ruin my trip then I would definitely be on the losing end. I tried to make the best of it, all things considering.

Port Reviews

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Fort Lauderdale is Fort Lauderdale.

7 Helpful Votes