• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

furgang
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Sep 2018
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Having cruised previously on other lines, we thought we were upgrading to Princess for our cruise to the Eastern Carribean this year. The ship is satisfactory with many signs of wear including loose and missing tiles on the bathroom floor within our suite and rusted and degraded railings on our balcony. My biggest concerns come from the food and the customer service. The food on Princess is sub-par at best. While breakfast was decent, the lunch and dinner buffets were disappointing night after night. The options were random, the quality of the food poor, the salad bar, if you could call it that, was almost non-existent, and I couldn't find a roll or piece of bread the entire week that wasn't hard as a rock. The Salty Dog Burger wasn't any better, I ordered a veggie burger that was inedible and my fiance wouldn't eat his cheeseburger either. The ice cream shop was, quite frankly, awful, unless you paid for a specialty milkshake or ice cream sandwich, in which case they used actual ice cream from a different cooler!!

But my biggest complaint would be the customer service from the crew. We could not find someone who spoke English well enough to understand easily. On Thursday (a sea day) we were woken up before 9am by someone banging a hammer for over 30 minutes. Later that day, our cabin started to smell like sewage. I called the front desk who informed me that they would send someone to check it out. An hour later, nobody had come to our room so we went to the front desk. The attendant told us someone was working on the issue. Would it have been that hard for someone to call our room and tell us that? No customer service.

On Friday morning we were again woken at 845 by the hammering. This time I called the front desk and they sent someone to our room a half hour later. The hammering was still going on, so he heard it, and his answer was that maintenance didn't inform guest services about the work. We paid 3k for a suite to relax on our cruise, not be woken up early by maintenance two days in a row. And, as a business owner myself, the response of guest services was pathetic...

Mini-Suite with Balcony