3. Marella Discovery 2
Hi all , myself and my family decided after a lot of mixed feelings to book a cruise and as this was our first we decided to do 1 week cruising and 3 days in a hotel . Let me start by saying that myself and my family were all very excited about setting sail for the first time as TUI have a good name in value for money cruises. As it was our first cruise we went with our friends who have been on 3 other Tui cruises and highly recommended them . This is how me and my family rated the Tui Discovery 2. customer service - very poor many staff had the wrong attitude towards paying customers , I had to bite my tongue on more then one occasion, the amount of time spent standing at the bar waiting to get served was incredible, they need more staff. The only staff that were friendly and made me smile were cabin cleaners . Thanks Lino. Food - the island self service restu rant is very poor , the gallery restaurants were hit and miss and not a great choice, glass house wasn't bad but very small portions and only seated a small amount of people , the snack shack food was OK for fast food, not something you would have day in day out . The other restaurants that you pay extra for were all booked up within the first two hours of being on the ship, so we couldn't get in at all. Shops - don't open until 18:30 and are completely rubbish unless you want tobacco or designer items . Pool - this was more like a kitchen sink . Sunbeds - Tui says you can't hold a sunbed for more then an hour if your not present , that's rubbish as people pegged towels to beds and we're gone all day . Very crampt deck area . Glass house pool - nice but couldn't understand why children had to leave the indoor pool by a certain time , it's hot outside and the kids wanted to play in the pool. And here is my biggest gripe with this disappointing ship, Entertainment - without a shadow of a doubt the worse entertainment I have ever experienced on a holiday , either live music ,live music ,live music, dance lessons, or bingo , I expected so much more from a company like TUI. Cruise - never again with Tui.

Tui - never again

Marella Discovery 2 Cruise Review by tony16774

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Greece

This is how me and my family rated the Tui Discovery 2.

Pool - this was more like a kitchen sink .

Cruise - never again with Tui.
tony16774’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Marella Discovery 2 price drops

Cabin 2041
Good , pleasant surprise .