3. Viking Astrild
I picked this cruise over the others because of my schedule. I booked rather late and availability on other itineraries were limited. However I do not regret the choice at all. Booking process was simple and straight forward. There were constant email communication and reminders from Viking. Documents were well prepared (and if I may say, a bit extravagant) and delivered to our home (unlike other cruise lines). Flights were scheduled with plenty of time for lay over. The pre and post hotels were modern and conveniently located. Embarkation (and disembarkation) was quick and easy.The ship is rather new and well kept. It is smaller than rest of the fleet. The atmosphere was therefore more intimate. Food was excellent as always (this was not my 1st Viking cruise). Staff were friendly and courteous. Service was outstanding. Excursions and enrichment activities were well planned and informative. The ports of call are rich in history. Overall it was an excellent adventure.

Excellent adventure, very educational.

Viking Astrild Cruise Review by kopk

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom
kopk’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Astrild price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin A 235
The cabin was modern and well furnished. It was not too spacious but bigger than average. Everything worked and looks like new. Maid service was excellent. Truly appreciate the hard work of the crew.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins