3. Viking Orion
Just returned from the Viking Orion in the Mediterranean in July. Great ship, great service. A few minor issues.But here is the rundown.... 1, No coffee in the room because of a power issue. 2. Rooms were spacious and great storage,. 3. Ask for additional hangers. 4. Food was good overall, but the specialty dining was disappointing, I would not be concerned if you cannot get in. However, every night there were empty tables. 5. Not much to do at night, a little stuffy. One night was dancing under the stars which was a big hit ( more of those needed) 6. Drink package was worth is, however free wine was decent. 7. Outside eating was our fav place! Excursions 1. Our first port Sete was just terrible...we went to the spa in the afternoon, however my husband went to the 8 hour medeival town and just loved it!! 2. Marselle was good..just walking mostly 3. Monaco we had signed up for a walking tour and when the guide starting talking about the parking garage we left here and took the hop on bus around Monte Carlo which was great!The walking tour is boring! 4. St. Tropez was our favorite...just walked shop and ate. 5. Florence we hired a private driver and went on a pasta cooking class and wine tasting set up by my travel agent. The best day of the trip. 6, Florence the next day was very crowded, but fun. All in all a great ship and great crew. A little sleepy for my 25 and 26 year olds. Sometimes the mature crowd was a bit crabby for us...but we knew that going in. If you are looking for night life and gambling this is not for you! I love kids, but not having them on the ship was nice. Also, not many smokers on board which was also a treat.

Great new ship!

Viking Orion Cruise Review by Minnesota Mom

1, No coffee in the room because of a power issue.

2. Rooms were spacious and great storage,.

3. Ask for additional hangers.

6. Drink package was worth is, however free wine was decent.

7. Outside eating was our fav place!

Excursions

2. Marselle was good..just walking mostly

4. St. Tropez was our favorite...just walked shop and ate.

6, Florence the next day was very crowded, but fun.

Minnesota Mom’s Full Rating Summary