3. Viking Orion
I joined a small group so didn’t choose the cruise or ship but enjoyed the Viking process. There was no line when we boarded and we went to our room after exploring the ship. I like to start a cruise by looking for a quiet apot were I can retreat. We had reservations at Manfredi’s and enjoyed our first Viking meal. The breakfast crowd was overwhelming the first morning but better when I found places to retreat with my first meal of the day. The room was cozy, but well designed. I was disappointed the the included coffee pot didn’t work and asked them to remove it. Beds were confortable and storage space good. Robes, slippers, hair drier and bath amenities were included. The spa area was nice and I enjoyed the Viking sauna, steam and cold water plunge. I went on the last night and they were defrosting the snow room so I didn’t get that experience. The gym looked good but I was more interested in the food, pool, dining and shore excursions, both private and Viking. Aside from the planetarium talks, which were well done, I didn’t participate in enrichment activities. I enjoyed classical music on floors 1 and 7, along with the, mostly, quiet and comfortable lounge spaces. There were books everywhere and enjoyed browsing the collections. This is no party ship and I enjoyed it.

New ship, beautiful and calm design

Viking Orion Cruise Review by Rferin